Forums

Costs

Quick find code: 366-367-546-66086183

keggyyy

keggyyy

Posts: 1,602 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
You are extremely naive if you still think gp, xp/levels are the only meaningful things in video games NOWADAYS.

There can be numerous forms of in game currencies, not just gp.

There can be numerous forms of achievements, not just xp/levels.

There are no limits for in game currencies. Game developers can always add more game currencies. There are no limits for "xp/levels" since the game developers can always add more game modes.

Who care about increasing gp in the game by the day if gp is not the only meaningful currency? Who care about "maxed" xp/levels if there are a lot of better things to do in the game than just wasting somebody's 50 year of real life blindly and aimlessly mining rocks or fishing?

Only "players" living under the rock for the last 10+ years don't grasp this new school idea of game development. If they think they have too much gp or have "maxed" everything already then they can just keep crying under the rock for 100 more years. But it won't matter to the real living and breathing world where players continue to enjoy the more and more new game currencies and ways to play the new school games.

Jagex can actually add more game currencies on top of gp, TH keys, bonds, runecoins, etc. They can just add new content where the new currencies matter, and not just matter but matter a lot more than gp. :D

I agree with you more ways to get currencies can be added but why does everything have to be mxt locked and make unlimited purchases? I think thaler Can be increased drastically in minigames. For example in pvp minigames like castle wars sour wars and stealing creation for every player you kill you get 5 thaler each kill. For castle wars each flag captured will result in ur entire team earning 10 thaler per flag captured. Sour wars 1 thaler earned per sour fragment dumped in soul obby and 10 thaler earned per avatar kill. Stealing creation every 1k points earned will give you 1 thaler each.

03-Mar-2019 01:32:28

UrekMazino
Aug Member 2023

UrekMazino

Posts: 7,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
UrekMazino said :
Dilbert2001 said :

Simple, you'll run out of things to monetise if that's the attitude they go with.

Simple, you'll run out of games to play if that's the attitude they go with.

What, you remember that earnings report you always like to refer to? It clearly shows that subsciption alone is more than enough to cover all costs. Plus the extra portion of bond sales that goes to membership purchase. Jagex will stay afloat no problem.
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas .

04-Mar-2019 00:19:11 - Last edited on 04-Mar-2019 00:20:53 by UrekMazino

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said :
Dilbert2001 said :
UrekMazino said :
Dilbert2001 said :

Simple, you'll run out of things to monetise if that's the attitude they go with.

Simple, you'll run out of games to play if that's the attitude they go with.

What, you remember that earnings report you always like to refer to? It clearly shows that subsciption alone is more than enough to cover all costs. Plus the extra portion of bond sales that goes to membership purchase. Jagex will stay afloat no problem.

What? Companies can't make as much money as they want?

Simple, they can monetize as many things they want, and that's the attitude every real world company has been doing for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

Simple, if you run out of arguments why companies can't monetize their games, then you;ll run out of games to play if that's the attitude you go with. :D :D :D

04-Mar-2019 00:33:40

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

keggyyy said :
Dilbert2001 said :
You are extremely naive if you still think gp, xp/levels are the only meaningful things in video games NOWADAYS.

There can be numerous forms of in game currencies, not just gp.

There can be numerous forms of achievements, not just xp/levels.

There are no limits for in game currencies. Game developers can always add more game currencies. There are no limits for "xp/levels" since the game developers can always add more game modes.

Who care about increasing gp in the game by the day if gp is not the only meaningful currency? Who care about "maxed" xp/levels if there are a lot of better things to do in the game than just wasting somebody's 50 year of real life blindly and aimlessly mining rocks or fishing?

Only "players" living under the rock for the last 10+ years don't grasp this new school idea of game development. If they think they have too much gp or have "maxed" everything already then they can just keep crying under the rock for 100 more years. But it won't matter to the real living and breathing world where players continue to enjoy the more and more new game currencies and ways to play the new school games.

Jagex can actually add more game currencies on top of gp, TH keys, bonds, runecoins, etc. They can just add new content where the new currencies matter, and not just matter but matter a lot more than gp. :D

I agree with you more ways to get currencies can be added but why does everything have to be mxt locked and make unlimited purchases?
[/quote]

Who said everything is MTX locked? Are DG tokens and The Arc currencies MTX locked? Everybody knows the answer already.

04-Mar-2019 00:37:40

UrekMazino
Aug Member 2023

UrekMazino

Posts: 7,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :

Simple, they can monetize as many things they want, and that's the attitude every real world company has been doing for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

Simple, if you run out of arguments why companies can't monetize their games, then you;ll run out of games to play if that's the attitude you go with. :D :D :D

You'd be right! Except that's not what I'm saying at all...

You were the one who first claimed that Jagex will not be able to continue funding the game and thus "run out of games" and I'm just stating the fact that Jagex is making more than enough to stay afloat.And not that they're not allowed to monetise however they want.

So why must you warp my statements into something else. Is it so that you can appear to have a valid counter-argument? Or have you been too busy trolling other threads you've forgotten what you were talking about?
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas .

04-Mar-2019 15:23:00 - Last edited on 04-Mar-2019 15:23:55 by UrekMazino

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

UrekMazino said :
Dilbert2001 said :

You'd be right! Except that's not what I'm saying at all...

You were the one who first claimed that Jagex will not be able to continue funding the game and thus "run out of games" and I'm just stating the fact that Jagex is making more than enough to stay afloat.And not that they're not allowed to monetise however they want.

So why must you warp my statements into something else. Is it so that you can appear to have a valid counter-argument? Or have you been too busy trolling other threads you've forgotten what you were talking about?

I never claimed "Jagex will not be able to continue funding the game and thus "run out of games". I said you are running out games to play if your attitude is to demand Jagex not to make money they think they think is good for their business.

Please don't drag every thread further and further away from its original post as you always try to do. This is my absolute last comment on this kind of nonsense. It definitely needs to stop and be turned to Fmod and then the Jmods who vowed to further investigate if needed.

Thanks for your cooperation.

04-Mar-2019 16:00:10

Quick find code: 366-367-546-66086183 Back to Top