Forums

Azzanadra is dissapointed...

Quick find code: 341-342-897-65351242

Allarla

Allarla

Posts: 786 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
well, azzy is 2005, whereas wahi and kharshai were revealed 6 and 9 years later respectively, so azzy gets the 'first good-badguy' medal
And the final results of the olympics in being a good badguy: first place goes to Azzanadra, Wahisietel came in second, and Kharsai is the bronze medalist. *national anthem of the Zarosian Empire plays in background* :D (Though Azzanadra would be disappointed if the order was any different. :P )

Maiden China said :
azzy is more of a friend to the player than wahi is :P
wahi probably thinks friends are just old wives tales used to scare young mahjarrat and don't actually exist in reality
Sepulchre said :
... but the only reason Wahisietel isn't mad at you for it is because he doesn't know.
Wahisietel is the Jon Snow of Runescape, he knows nothing. :P :D But joke apart, I don't think it's just Wahi, I think all the Mahjarrat would have to look up the word "friend" in a dictionary - though that's pretty much understandable from their viewpoint -, it's just lately that Azzanadra starts to have an idea about what a friend is, and Kharsai calls us friend too, since we also helped him out big time (same for Azzanadra btw), and he lives among humans, so he might have learned a thing or two about them, plus he has a more "modern" and flexible mindset for a Mahjarrat anyway.

Sepulchre said :
The problem is, Azzanadra is still probably the nicest Mahjarrat. True, if you sabotaged Zaros he kinda hates you...
But yup, nicest Mahjarrat around. :P :D (Sorry, no offence, it's just that this sounds kinda paradox-like. :) )

Sepulchre said :
Besides, when was the last time Wahisietel taught you awesome new spells/prayers?
Well, no spells or prayers, but he did give me this nice xp lamp once. And from Kharsai I got Balmung and a few levels in Divination. ;)
The Green World Guardian of Guthix and of Gielinor

16-May-2016 16:03:39 - Last edited on 16-May-2016 16:05:48 by Allarla

Allarla

Allarla

And some more thoughts on this:
Sliske also gave us some cool stuff, like the ability to see into the Shadow Realm. Does that make him a nice Mahjarrat too? Don’t think so. :P (But okay, Sliske's a whole different story. :P :D )
As for Azzy, yes, he does give us the ancient magicks and curses, but for Guthix's… erm, I mean for Zaros' sake, for the first one, we get him out of the (kind of big) pickle that he ended up in, and for the second we help him finish up a temple! I don't really think here he views us as a friend, he's just fair with us in the first place, and then he starts to see us as someone who has potential and therefore may be useful for Zaros, so should be "kept around" if possible. And only after this might he start to have a friendly attitude towards us, I think, as he gets to know us better along the way, but only as long as we're not "getting in the way". If a light simuraculum is given to Zaros in Fot*, afterwards Azzanadra says "If I were not under orders from Zaros...", so it's thanks to Zaros actually that we're still alive at this point imo, and Azzy is no friend of us at all, he's only following orders. However, if you helped Zaros out with a dark body, then you definately got into Azzy's good book once and for all (unless you do something against Zaros later, because that's when all friendship with Azzy is null and void), but that's only because you helped Zaros. So, my point here is that I don't know if we could get Azzy to actually view us as a friend just for ourselves. He does, however, treat us with respect all the time, that's true. But just remember – we freed him from that pyramid, right? I mean I don't know how he would treat us if he'd gotten out some other way and we'd met him only after that. As I've said before here, the most I can think of Azzy is just that he's willing to be polite and fair with you, but he's still a Mahjarrat, so I'd say he wouldn't really think highly of humans (or other races for that matter) in general.

16-May-2016 16:16:10

Allarla

Allarla

And that's where Wahisietel and Kharsai come in. The first is the same as Azzanadra – unless some reason given, he'd be on "friendly" terms with us, a.k.a. won't treat us like dirt just because we're only human, or even helping us out if he doesn't have to go much out of his way for this etc., and will even respect us for what we have to show up. (Plus he's been living among humans as well, like Kharsai, that might have given him some insight on us.) But remember how we met him too – we've just found a Mahjarrat, only we didn't know yet, but he most likely suspected that from the start (cause remember, he knows that Mahjarrat are shapeshifters, and since he thinks the Muspah are only legends, he's likely to guess that it's probably a Mahjarrat that changed form instead), and he needed all the info he could get from us, so of course he'd be friendly with us.
And I already shared my opinion on Kharsai in the previous post, and please don't stone me to death – Azzanadra will pretzel me for this anyway :P –, but Kharsai's friendly attitude towards us might be even more honest than Azzanadra's. And what I mean here is not that Azzanadra can't be friendly towards us, it's that in his case it's more dependent on Zaros. While there's no such "requirement" for Kharsai to have him call us friend, not even maybe if we hadn't helped him with his jewel.
But all in all, the point is that if you look at the dialouges and storyline, I don't think it's just Azzanadra who's "not so bad for being a Mahjarrat", but so is Wahi and Kharsai. (And just to totally condemn myself to pretzelhood, I actually wouldn't be suprised if Bilrach was also a Mahjarrat you could actually talk (and – under the right circumstances – maybe even reason) with. I mean we do have a nice chat with him in DaT…)
(But man, Azzanadra is one popular Mahjarrat. :P :D I mean I can see some of the reasons why, but they're my thoughts, I wonder what other people "see in him". :) )

16-May-2016 16:17:30 - Last edited on 16-May-2016 16:30:59 by Allarla

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Wahisietel is disappointed that nobody tells him nothin'. Nobody except the World Guardian, anyway.
Azzanadra is disappointed that Wahisietel doesn't regularly come to him to ask for news, instead of expecting Azzanadra to go tell him.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

18-May-2016 06:24:11

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree with much of what you said, Allarla

the bilrach part too, actually, he seems unlike the typical moar powah zamoraian mahjarrat

I think after fot*, if you side against zaros, azzy did see you as a friend but since zaros is still more important to him than you are, that friendship ends there... or takes a major blow, anyway (and mahjarrat murder each other for less.. except... not now that they need each other for rituals...)
I mean, if your friend... uhm... disgraces your sister, he may have been your friend before, but he's definitely not now
Sepulchre said :
Ancient Drew said :
Wahisietel is disappointed that nobody tells him nothin'. Nobody except the World Guardian, anyway.
Azzanadra is disappointed that Wahisietel doesn't regularly come to him to ask for news, instead of expecting Azzanadra to go tell him.
wahi probably thinks 'news' is only a legend and you should take it more metaphorically
Carn

20-May-2016 01:17:24

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Well of course Azzanadra wouldn't be our friend anymore if we gave Zaros a light simulacrum.
Zaros is his older brother. If somebody you thought was your "friend" tried to murder your older brother, would you still be friends with them? I sure wouldn't.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
Fate .

20-May-2016 08:19:08

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

That being said.
Azzanadra is disappointed in the players who tried to murder his older brother.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
Fate .

20-May-2016 08:19:48

Snufflapagus

Snufflapagus

Posts: 2,036 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Azzanadra is disappointed that we're wasting time arguing about which mahjarrat is the friendliest and most honest when we should be working to the betterment of Zaros' cause. Azanadra is also disappointed that we even suggest that there's a mahjarrat more honest and fair than he is. Even as I'm writing this he's expressing his fairness by slowly pretzeling me for not getting this message out sooner.

(p.s. You can never win with Azzanadra. If he knows I said that he'll pretzel me until I can fit in his pocket.)
Azzanadra called us close. He then bellowed at the top of his lungs "
Don't disappoint me or you shall suffer the consequences!
" We still don't know what they will be.

20-May-2016 08:36:32

Quick find code: 341-342-897-65351242 Back to Top