Forums

If ppl took factions seriously

Quick find code: 341-342-815-65767225

Mopedi
Aug Member 2021

Mopedi

Posts: 160 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If people took your god factions seriously what places would you be barred from entering and in what ways would you be discriminated?

For example, the Bandit camp, Lunar Isle, and Ape Atoll are perfect examples of what I am talking about. NPCs in these places refuse to talk to you, and in a few places they will even attack you, if you are not like them. Now put this in the context of your faction. What places would you be barred from entering by the guards? What services would be denied to you because of your beliefs?
Lord of the Cywir clan: All creatures of darkness will face the light of Seren!

20-Mar-2016 04:52:26 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2016 05:02:42 by Mopedi

Mopedi
Aug Member 2021

Mopedi

Posts: 160 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll go first! If I were a Zamorakian/Zarosian....

I would probably be barred from entering the Wizard tower/Runespan. No evil is allowed pass the front desk, as you'd have to check in with the front desk lady to pass the hallow barrier. Nowadays, NPCs apparently know what factions you are in, so there is no hiding it - emissaries can't keep their mouth shut!

This would probably also mean no GE for you zamorakians, as the ge is in varrock is for saradominists only.

No Prifddinas for you either, so say good bye to afk heaven! They may allow other races in their city, but they didn't say anything about different factions.

You'd probably not be allowed to enter Falador either, and I'd be executed on spot by knights of Saradomin.

Actually, a Zamorakian would not be allowed in almost every city in Misthalin and Asgarnia O_O

life must suck for you guys.
Lord of the Cywir clan: All creatures of darkness will face the light of Seren!

20-Mar-2016 04:55:40 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2016 05:10:16 by Mopedi

Visenya 1st

Visenya 1st

Posts: 144 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Me and my brother Aegon would be barred from everywhere but the Senntisten temple, the bandit camp in the desert, GWD, Char's cave, and the World Gate.

But that's ok. We'll burn all those places that didn't want us, we'll attack from above with our dragons.

~Queen Visenya, Consort and Sister to His Grace Aegon I Targaryen
We will make the Zarosian Empire great again.

20-Mar-2016 05:13:41

Helring
Mar Member 2005

Helring

Posts: 4,609 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Visenya 1st said :
Me and my brother Aegon would be barred from everywhere but the Senntisten temple, the bandit camp in the desert, GWD, Char's cave, and the World Gate.

But that's ok. We'll burn all those places that didn't want us, we'll attack from above with our dragons.

Aegon was excommunicated, He's Godless now

20-Mar-2016 05:15:06

Helring
Mar Member 2005

Helring

Posts: 4,609 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Visenya 1st said :
Never. He's the most loyal Zarosian that ever lived.

Nah, he got kicked out, he was an embarassment. So really he wouldn't be allowed anywhere anymore.

If people took factions seriously, I probably wouldn't be allowed in Zamorak's hideout. Otherwise I think I'd be fine.

20-Mar-2016 05:16:53

Visenya 1st

Visenya 1st

Posts: 144 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Helring said :
Visenya 1st said :
Never. He's the most loyal Zarosian that ever lived.

Nah, he got kicked out, he was an embarassment. So really he wouldn't be allowed anywhere anymore.

That's a lie. Zaros knew how loyal he was, he'd do anything for Zaros, burn cities to the ground, kill anyone for him.

Zaros would never excommunicate someone so loyal.

We will make the Zarosian Empire great again.

20-Mar-2016 05:22:18

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm fairly certain openly Zarosian players would be laughed off or otherwise not taken seriously in most human settlements. Zaros is a god most people have never heard of, and most of those who have think he's dead. Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

20-Mar-2016 05:42:51 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2016 05:44:38 by Raleirosen

Lord Remus

Lord Remus

Posts: 288 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Visenya 1st said :
That's a lie. Zaros knew how loyal he was, he'd do anything for Zaros, burn cities to the ground, kill anyone for him.

Zaros would never excommunicate someone so loyal.

S*iske killed a God for Zaros but that didn't exactly work out well, did it?

And come on now Aegon, this is just sad...

You defend yourself so often with your own "sibling" that everyone has noticed you don't defend yourself with your main anymore. It's become a running joke that just isn't funny anymore.

I have absolutely no issue with role-playing, I even partake myself on occasion but there's a line you have to draw. Your heavier sided stuff... that's for the RP forum and RP worlds, not the lore forum. An example being Malva, she can stay in character and still be reasonable and doesn't anger nearly as many as you do.
I'm Godless although I consider myself Independent/Unaligned I "We create ourselves through life. Every victory, every failure and every lesson learned from them... Make us who we are. Once we have lived life to it's end, that is when we realise who we are... or more accurately, who we were."

20-Mar-2016 06:30:54

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Misthalin and Asgarnia would be smoldering piles of ash if they took my faction choice seriously. They would probably try to persecute/kill me and I would respond by culling the population, killing every man, woman, and child until they accept the simple truth that they are merely bacteria that I permit to co-exist in my world. Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

20-Mar-2016 06:31:51 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2016 06:32:22 by Hazeel

Quick find code: 341-342-815-65767225 Back to Top