Forums

We made us World Guardian?

Quick find code: 341-342-709-65806755

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sepulchre said :
Not at all. There are other explanations.
Reincarnation of someone by the same name as us
The sailor read that name off the book and we happen to have the same name
because the world is teeming with people called 'bubblegirlxo' or 'zezima67' :P
Carn

01-Jul-2016 10:44:46 - Last edited on 01-Jul-2016 10:45:54 by Maiden China

Svigris

Svigris

Posts: 806 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The problem I see is that we know that we directly effected Seren and eventually Zaros coming to Gilenor. As well influence of both of them predates meeting history meaning canonically it happens before the WG went back in time. As such the one true timeline must be the correct interpretation of time on runescape. DoD was a parallel reality not a time travel offshoot.

02-Jul-2016 00:54:19

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Svigris said :
The problem I see is that we know that we directly effected Seren and eventually Zaros coming to Gilenor. As well influence of both of them predates meeting history meaning canonically it happens before the WG went back in time. As such the one true timeline must be the correct interpretation of time on runescape. DoD was a parallel reality not a time travel offshoot.

I'm not quite sure what your trying to say exactly.

The timeline that we know is:

1) Guthix comes to gielinor
2) Guthix brings Seren
3) Seren notices the world guardian is displaced from time
4) This human gives her hope for her elves so she stays on gielinor
5) Zaros is attracted to gielinor because of his sister
6) Thousands of years later the world guardian goes back in time and get noticed by Seren.

Step 3 causes step 4 causing step 5 which may have influenced step 6 which in turn causes step 3

But if Sep's theory is correct and time travel creates a universe where the time stream is without the time travel moment in question then there would be a universe with a time stream where step 6 did not happen then, thus causing step 4, 5 and probably 6 from not happening.

And if such a universe existed, than it could very well be the DoD universe.

02-Jul-2016 02:20:28 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2016 02:24:30 by Cthris

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Continued ...Anyway I was going to mention a theory being bandied around called a Causal Horizon. Causal events and everything it effects only go so far before they do not effect anything else. That point is the causal horizon. A Bal**hole's "event horizon" is a causal horizon.

So I ask, considering the events you go back in time to change, why would the entire universe have to change when the events being changed do not go beyond the local Causal Horizon. Recycling the local area would be far more efficient that try to create an entir new universe.
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

02-Jul-2016 09:58:19

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solanumtinkr said :
Continued ...Anyway I was going to mention a theory being bandied around called a Causal Horizon. Causal events and everything it effects only go so far before they do not effect anything else. That point is the causal horizon. A Bal**hole's "event horizon" is a causal horizon.

So I ask, considering the events you go back in time to change, why would the entire universe have to change when the events being changed do not go beyond the local Causal Horizon. Recycling the local area would be far more efficient that try to create an entir new universe.
Butterfly effect maybe?
Also I'm going with Kastor here. A chain of events created by our simple presence.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

05-Jul-2016 06:36:30

Quick find code: 341-342-709-65806755 Back to Top