Forums

For Bandos to be brought back?

Quick find code: 341-342-706-65942272

Padomenes

Padomenes

Posts: 3,662 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What might it take for Bandos to be brought back, including especially as a villain? I am not saying I like him at all as an individual, but in my opinion his been killed off too quickly to allow him to be fleshed out as one or more quest content opportunity, and as a result we are suffering the consequences as I've seen.

Along with Tuska being killed off too fast who could have grown intelligent, and her followers offering more story content opportunities.

If the writers could have Bandos brought back then how would it have to be done? What kind of lore loophole of extremely rare exception might it need to involve? I imagine his revival could both surprise and terrify many. Knowing Bandos in his brutality, and will to conquer everything has 'conquered/brutalized' death itself and come back from being dead. He wants revenge and badly.

We're talking about somebody here who prolonged the god wars to last for 4000 years, and was a tier 3 god at that time doing this. Now how he ended up at the beginning of the sixth age just seems kind of a 'joke' to be honest. We didn't even get to see that side of him.

18-Aug-2017 14:12:26 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2017 14:44:15 by Padomenes

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He won't be brought back, though I would like to see the Bandosians manage to harness any residual divine energy from him, infuse it into another Chosen Commander (which I think should be an ogre shaman with great tactical skills), rally every Bandosian left and prepare to launch one final war. One where they will not stop until they are all dead. Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

18-Aug-2017 14:21:42

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nothing really. It's clear from the current lore that gods can't be brought back to life after their death.

That leaves two possible ways to bring Bandos back.

1. Facing him in the past via time travel.
2. Facing him in an alternate universe where he didn't die.

The first seems unlikely since Bandos showed no indication of potentially knowing us from a prior encounter in the past. That being said, a lot of Guthix's awareness of us was added after his death, so I suppose it's not impossible. And if he encountered us as we are now (largely immune to god powers), it would be a decent additional reason for him having not to confronted us in his throne room when we showed up there (it's too well established at this point that Bandos isn't all that brave for such an addition to change that).

The second seems even less likely at the moment since we already have an alternate universe for Jagex to flesh out where Bandos, while potentially alive, is stuck on another world and lost his main source of influence on Gielinor (his chosen commander). And I just find it unlikely that they'd put another unfinished universe on their plate.

In conclusion, I can only see Bandos potentially returning if he is set as an/the antagonist of another enchanted key time travel quest where we go back to or before the God Wars and end up clashing with him. Bonus points for such a quest(s) opening up the possibility of Ourg slayer assignments since they were still alive back then and would reasonably want to fight us (leaving Zilyana as the only remaining regular GWD general without an associated Slayer assignment).

18-Aug-2017 15:44:52

Padomenes

Padomenes

Hguoh said :
Nothing really. It's clear from the current lore that gods can't be brought back to life after their death.

In conclusion, I can only see Bandos potentially returning if he is set as an/the antagonist of another enchanted key time travel quest where we go back to or before the God Wars and end up clashing with him. Bonus points for such a quest(s) opening up the possibility of Ourg slayer assignments since they were still alive back then and would reasonably want to fight us (leaving Zilyana as the only remaining regular GWD general without an associated Slayer assignment).
What happens if they made it as said 'just one exception' in writing for his return? That something or somehow all the pieces of himself including energy released were brought and fused back together via a method we do not know. The factor for his return would just be something really out of the box.

According to lore Bandos arrived to Gielinor with his armies from Yu'Bisk during the start of the third age in the areas south of Feldip Hills. He then conquered Feldip Hills, enslaved its inhabitants and established what became known as the 'Bandosian Capital'(Gu'Tanoth) and also his base of operations from then on. Bandos sent forces north of Feldip Hills to attack others settled there which would include Armadyl's land settlements presumably in Southwestern Kandarin. When he was banished from Gielinor we know that there occurred the Feldip Hills Civil War over racial conflict between the Bandosians due to being without their leader however.

It was also known compared to all others that Bandos's armies and soldiers took no prisoners during the god wars.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Gielinorian_God_Wars#War_tactics

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Feldip_Hills#The_War_of_the_Feldip_Hills

18-Aug-2017 16:08:16 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2017 16:17:01 by Padomenes

Ojacha

Ojacha

Posts: 404 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He's deader than Guthix at this point. And I am darn happy about it.

Maybe if he had lived he would have contributed more to the story, but I'd hate every moment he would be on my screen. I feel he contributes way more to my enjoyment of the story by being in the cold cold ground.

I'd say he's had his share of involvement and fleshing out with the Goblin quest series, and I'd much rather see how Armadyl will fare in the Sixth age at this point.

And even if his death was rushed, bringing him back by some stupid lore loophole as they did with Zanik would only make things worse. It goes against anything that has been established at this point. And completely undermines the impact the death of a god should have on us.
'If there is no one left to stand behind, then I will have to stand alone.'

18-Aug-2017 16:18:40

Padomenes

Padomenes

I think a return of a perceived to be mostly dead character has already been done in stories. Not trying to go off topic hear but anybody read up on the plot of how 'Voldemort' returned in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' after being destroyed despite all the plots making it nearly impossible. (I'm just citing this to say it can be done)

What if say they made Bandos return in a similar manner as a villain? I'm not ignoring the above but just saying that it could happen if they made a lore loophole as said. It would require developing alot of originality skills in process and thinking very outside the box.

18-Aug-2017 16:31:09 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2017 16:37:47 by Padomenes

Ojacha

Ojacha

Posts: 404 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You're right regarding that. It's always possible to resurrect dead characters in a story.
But just because it can be done, doens't mean it's a smart thing to do. And doing it in a original and creative way must be very difficult, as I have yet to see this happen.

I believe it's best to leave things as they are, as the story would likely suffer more by doing something like this, seeing the difficulty of pulling it off right.

I agree with Hguoh and say that the best way to meet Bandos again is by going back in time or by an alternate dimension. 2 viable methods in the established lore.
'If there is no one left to stand behind, then I will have to stand alone.'

18-Aug-2017 19:55:04 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2017 19:55:50 by Ojacha

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RuneScape isn't filled with comic book characters where death is cheap.

They've skirted around Guthix as much as they can without actively bringing him back.
Tuska is effectively dead.
V is dead.

Bandos. Is. Dead.

At best, you'll get some historical memory thing, or going back in time to meet Bandos ...

But Bandos isn't coming back.

Zanik is the closest we get to a character coming back, and even then it's driven by a player choice, and her return isn't permanent ... and even then it's heavily conditional.

Bandos isn't just dead ...
he's deader than Bounty Hunter.
he's deader than the Rat Pits.
He's deader than any mini-game off spotlight.

19-Aug-2017 04:35:00 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2017 04:37:07 by Deltaslug

CD_Paladin_C

CD_Paladin_C

Posts: 3,945 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bandos's legacy will always live on.

Original message details are unavailable.
You need war, just like me. I see it in your eyes: the lust for glorious battle.
-Bandos to Saradomin, MPD
"Your god's dead next time he's in a world event. "
-The Lore Community to our Saradominist Friends, Said During World Event 2, Proven During World Event 3.
#StopSaradomin

19-Aug-2017 05:28:38

Quick find code: 341-342-706-65942272 Back to Top