Forums

Lets talk about Akrisae

Quick find code: 341-342-637-65863805

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can think of 3 other reasons:

- Sliske's spell was intended for the adventurer, not Akrisae, so while it would have turned anyone into a wight, it would not unlock their full potential

- Akrisae was not a front light fighter. while his wight form has ... interesting ... abilities ... he lacks the raw potential for power that Nomad, the bothers, even Linza all had.

- because of the 2 above factors, Akrisae could never really be molded into something greater, even if Sliske really wanted to

Gregorovic was a special case, an experiment of sorts for Sliske, and while he was never really a combatant per say, he could unlock a higher potential simply by devouring other creatures (like the Furies' sister).

Sliske had also had time to further work on his wight creating magic's sense the Ritual. By being fully empowered by the ritual, and whatever he might have leeched from the Stone, the Staff, etc, it was now easier for him to create an upgraded wight when and how we wanted.

I dread to think what he could have even done with Meg. The horrible monstrosity and terrifying abilities she'd have as a wight?

26-Dec-2016 22:27:48

CD_Paladin_C

CD_Paladin_C

Posts: 3,945 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shauny said on reddit an hour ago that they're gonna fix this. "Your god's dead next time he's in a world event. "
-The Lore Community to our Saradominist Friends, Said During World Event 2, Proven During World Event 3.
#StopSaradomin

26-Dec-2016 23:55:44

Half Centaur
Jun Member 2010

Half Centaur

Posts: 6,959 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CD_Paladin_C said :
Shauny said on reddit an hour ago that they're gonna fix this.

Yeah...

Is it bad that a big part of me wants them to keep Akrisae out- and maybe just add a line from Linza that Akrisae was "Too strong of spirit" or something for Sliske to control- so Sliske just put him at a perpetual state of excruciating pain and left him in the Barrows. Say that Akrisae has gone so mad from the pain he can't distinguish friend from foe- or leave even if he wanted to.
"We call it being a hero"
"That's interesting, we call it utter stupidity"

27-Dec-2016 00:31:08

Wahisietel
Oct Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Half Centaur said :
CD_Paladin_C said :

Yeah...

Is it bad that a big part of me wants them to keep Akrisae out- and maybe just add a line from Linza that Akrisae was "Too strong of spirit" or something for Sliske to control- so Sliske just put him at a perpetual state of excruciating pain and left him in the Barrows. Say that Akrisae has gone so mad from the pain he can't distinguish friend from foe- or leave even if he wanted to.

Yes, because that wouldn't make any sense.
You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

27-Dec-2016 00:56:48

Vardan

Vardan

Posts: 1,237 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CD_Paladin_C said :

Glad they're going to fix that mistake.

I hope they can add in the missing flashback and add SoA to Sliske's character model.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

27-Dec-2016 01:49:24

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just add a line saying he was too weak to break free from Sliske's control. Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

27-Dec-2016 03:43:46

Voraiya
Mar Member 2021

Voraiya

Posts: 448 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Guys guys guys.

Think about it.

Think of the 6th age quest. What do most of them have in common? Most has NO REQUIREMENTS. They only have "Recommend" to do to "gain better understanding."

Now we look back into the 5th age quest. Most of them need a lot of requirements. Such as skilling, mini task and certain quests need to be done first to have access to the quest.

Maybe it's time for Jagex to fix all the plot holes, confusions, refix, re-master and gaps. Instead of tossing in stuff like...T95 weapons and Soul weapons. But at the same time..it's too late..because the World Event already happened and the results are in. AND WE choose the results.

We vets, we all started off on the Tutorial island which take place in the 5th age and we slowly work our way to 6th age. Now, if you make a new account today you will start off in the 6th age where Guthix is already dead and as you play quest you play 6th age and 5th age quest. It's all mix up. Confusions.

In this account. I can easily pop membership. Go and play either Fate of Gods, World Wakes or Missing Presumed, Death without knowing about 5th age quests and their story-line take place before 6th age storyline.

Arisase isn't the only problem. Instead of a straight arrow like this -------------------> We end up having this ---<-------> ---- <---> ------>
-------><------ <----

Instead of 5th age first and work to 6th quest when we play in our new account. We can go 6th age to 5th age quest or 5th age to 5th age and go to 6th age.

27-Dec-2016 17:03:08 - Last edited on 27-Dec-2016 17:03:28 by Voraiya

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wahisietel said :
Nah, let's just bug Raven to add him to Endgame before it becomes replayable. He should just appear alongside the other Barrows Brothers and cast Heal Other on us during the fight like he did in ROTM. And then appear alongside Linza at the end.

That'd be enough. Not much, but enough.

Ancient Drew said :
Deltaslug said :
I dread to think what he could have even done with Meg. The horrible monstrosity and terrifying abilities she'd have as a wight?
Must have senpai's brains...

Meg The Malicious (level 9001)

Voraiya said :

Instead of 5th age first and work to 6th quest when we play in our new account. We can go 6th age to 5th age quest or 5th age to 5th age and go to 6th age.

It is pretty stupid but I don't know what could be done about it. As another example, you'll almost certainly stumble across Bandos' decapitated head near Falador before you play The Chosen Commander.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

27-Dec-2016 17:53:01 - Last edited on 27-Dec-2016 17:56:06 by Lego Miester

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wahisietel said :
Half Centaur said :
CD_Paladin_C said :

Yeah...

Yes, because that wouldn't make any sense.

That or just say Sliske didn't care enough about Akrisae to make more powerful, so he's still just a lowly noob of a wight and wouldn't have been strong enough compared to his shadow empowered wights?

Write about the right white wight rites?

27-Dec-2016 20:02:51

Quick find code: 341-342-637-65863805 Back to Top