Forums

The Defence of Saradomin Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Posts: 5,941 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You cannot lay any blame for Zilyana's ambush at the rockfalls because it happened solely due to Kree'arra's treachery and there was no 2nd alliance. Similarly the amulets are not an issue either.

Of course, you want to point the finger of blame at Zilyana for the ambush but you're unwilling to admit to Kree'arra's treacherous behaviour, which is the reason it happened.

18-Dec-2013 12:05:52 - Last edited on 18-Dec-2013 13:18:02 by Nerevarine x

Cybernet377
Aug Member 2008

Cybernet377

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :

At any rate, you cannot lay any blame for Zilyana's ambush at the rockfalls because it happened solely due to Kree'arra's treachery and there was no 2nd alliance. Similarly the amulets are not an issue either.

Of course, you want to point the finger of blame at Zilyana for the ambush but you're unwilling to admit to Kree'arra's treacherous behaviour, which is the reason it happened.

So basically, by any rational definition, both of their plans were treacherous, but Zilyana's was far less acceptable and Kree didn't intend to commit to the attack because it would leave him open to Bandosian attacks until he was mind-controlled into doing so, whereupon he was ambushed and punished for the treachery that he was controlled into performing.

I still don't see how any of this reflects badly on Kree instead of Zilly.

Zilyana broke the alliance to try and steal the Godsword, despite it technically being hers if she just joined with the Armadyleans and requested it like she was ordered to.

Afterwards, they formed a truce to avoid getting stomped by Zamorak and Bandos' armies and Zilyana solidified the truce by gifting amulets that allow her to influence their thoughts, which at the very least is completely missing the point of a truce.

About a month later, Kree discusses the possibility of attacking Zilyana but doesn't want to do so as it would leave the Eyrie open. She then controls him into moving his troops to an ambush point and slaughters his soldiers.

After that, Zilyana continued to control Kree into making poor decisions, and the amulets impeded his thoughts naturally until he finally figured out that the amulets given to his people as part of a truce were the reason why his army was being killed en masse.

18-Dec-2013 12:50:13

Anenemus

Anenemus

Posts: 2,328 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
You cannot lay any blame for Zilyana's ambush at the rockfalls because it happened solely due to Kree'arra's treachery and there was no 2nd alliance. Similarly the amulets are not an issue either.

Zilyana attacked Kree first when he was fighting Graardor. That was first. You expect Kree to let it pass and not attack her later? Are you stupid? The reason he contemplated attacking Zilyana was because she attacked him BEFORE and she attacked him FIRST. She was the threcharous one. Attacking your ally in a truce is considered trechary, after you attack him there is no more alliance and hence him attacking you isnt trechary. You are overlooking facts, and that is ******* me off.

18-Dec-2013 13:22:22

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Anenemus said :
Nerevarine x said :

Zilyana attacked Kree first when he was fighting Graardor. That was first. You expect Kree to let it pass and not attack her later? Are you stupid? The reason he contemplated attacking Zilyana was because she attacked him BEFORE and she attacked him FIRST. She was the threcharous one. Attacking your ally in a truce is considered trechary, after you attack him there is no more alliance and hence him attacking you isnt trechary. You are overlooking facts, and that is ******* me off.

Don't post on my thread with an arrogant attitude, you remind me of Armadyl.

18-Dec-2013 13:25:28

Anenemus

Anenemus

The only one being arrogant is you im afraid. You expect Kree'arra to still keep up the temporary "truce" with Zilyana AFTER she attacked him to take the Godsword? You are ignoring that event.

And its pretty much decided by all factions (except the Saradominist*) that Saradomin is the most arrogant, so please.

18-Dec-2013 13:28:54 - Last edited on 18-Dec-2013 13:38:06 by Anenemus

T Ancalagon
Aug Member 2023

T Ancalagon

Posts: 3,254 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
Anenemus said :
Nerevarine x said :

Don't post on my thread with an arrogant attitude, you remind me of Armadyl.

LOL how any follower of Saradomin can accuse any other being of arrogance with a straight face is beyond me..
Love the Lore and the RS Gods!

18-Dec-2013 13:40:44

Cybernet377
Aug Member 2008

Cybernet377

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anenemus said :
The only one being arrogant is you im afraid. You expect Kree'arra to still keep up the temporary "truce" with Zilyana AFTER she attacked him to take the Godsword? You are ignoring that event.

And its pretty much decided by all factions (except the Saradominist*) that Saradomin is the most arrogant, so please.

Here's a rough timeline for everyone's sake.

1. Aviantese form the Godsword and are transporting it so that either Saradomin or Amadyl can crush Zamorak. When Kril attacks them, they call for aid, which doesn't show up until they mention that they have the Godsword, at which point both Saradomin and Bandos send aid (big surprise.)

2. The Aviantese hole up in the Temple of Lost Ancients, which is a strategically unsound move, but allows them to build defenses until help arrives.

3. Zilly and Graar show up, with their respective armies, and set up near the Eyrie. They defend it for about a week, until Graardor leads an ogre rush on the Eyrie, which is repelled by Kree himself at the cost of much of the Eyrie's defenses.

4. Zilyana attempts to attack to claim the Godsword herself while the Eyrie is weakened, but her attack is thwarted by Kril's demons causing her poorly trained footsoldiers to scatter. Zilyana locks her quarters to pray and gets amulets.

5. Kree and Zilyana broker peace because both of them are weakened and Kril is still attacking. Zilyana gives some murmer amulets to the Armadyleans as an apology.

6. Kree still isn't sold on the truce, and after defenses are built back up, he wonders if he should attack, but thinks it's a bad idea because it would leave him open. Zilyana naturally uses the amulet to ambush him.

7. Kree finds out the amulets' purpose and warns the other gods, and they all pile on Zilyana. Kree decides to take the godsword and raid Zil, but it's shattered before he can do so.

8. Holy**** Nex. Everyone piles Nex.

8. Rocks fall, everyone freezes solid.

18-Dec-2013 14:56:39 - Last edited on 18-Dec-2013 14:58:00 by Cybernet377

Anenemus

Anenemus

Add to point 4 that Zilyana attacked Kree'arra's forces as well for the godsword, hence breaking the "truce".

Day 27 That drunken oaf Graardor led a small band of ogres into the Eyrie, plotting to take the Godsword for himself. Kree managed to drive him back, but now it's all-out war between us, Graardor and K'ril.

Perhaps I should end this farce: my forces could secure the Godsword while Kree is busy with Graardor and K'ril.

Day 32 The assault was not successful. When faced with demons, goblins, and the aviansie , my priests and knights stood firm, but the peasants ran or died. Growler was injured, and we scarcely made it back to Saradomin's Encampment alive. I've barricaded myself and my bodyguards in my chambers. We don't have the forces to launch a counter-attack; not yet. I must go now and pray to Saradomin. He will help us.

18-Dec-2013 15:10:12

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

I'm seeing some pretty fanciful tales and misconceptions/misunderstandings of the lore above.

I don't think there's anything more I need to add other than what's in that section. I quote all the lore and acknowledge it, providing relevant explanations.

18-Dec-2013 15:16:45 - Last edited on 18-Dec-2013 15:18:51 by Nerevarine x

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
I'm seeing some pretty solid arguments above.

I don't think there's anything more I need to add other than what's in that section. I quote all the lore and acknowledge it to prove me wrong, I'll continue with providing bias explanations.

Fixed.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

18-Dec-2013 15:19:09

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top