Forums

azzy's quest so disappointed

Quick find code: 341-342-208-66204870

Marcin K
Nov Member 2008

Marcin K

Posts: 273 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

I have just finished latest Azzadra's quest yesterday - I will say from the start I am in game devout Zarosian,
did it all, got Zaros banner from Soran,
made EVERY single choice pro-Zaros in EVERY possible quest, [even as I was so obviously duped during the quest for no viable reason I still did NOT alert Saradomin to the plot! ]

and yet....I am now ENEMY of the Zarosians!? because being "too influenced by Guthix and past masters"?! How does that make any kind of sense? It's akin to Your best 20-year long friend suddenly hating You for no reason whatsoever overnight.

WHY did the devs flush the almost decade of quest choices down the toilet without even giving an option to counter argue?

Why pro-Guthix propaganda is being forced upon all Zarosians for no reasons what so ever ......
I'm so very much disappointed right now, and Jagex Devs please please i BEG of You DON'T GO DOWN THIS ROAD !

It is still not too late, You can still spin this off as Azzanadra being too over-Zelaous, however if You continue down this path it WILL ruin the Lore for all Zarosians...forever

Sad day for all Zarosians.......

23-Feb-2021 19:42:19

Roland Lyons
Mar Member 2014

Roland Lyons

Posts: 3,475 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Marcin K said :
Roland Lyons said :
Zaros simps BTFO'd lmao

I'm sorry i don't understand a word of what You've just said. full sentences would probably help :)

If the image doesn't load go here
https://i.imgur.com/E8caLac.jpg
I will protect Gielinor. Zaros has no love for its people.

-Saradomin, Polemarchos Autokrator

23-Feb-2021 20:06:33 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2021 20:11:26 by Roland Lyons

Dan-i-el

Dan-i-el

Posts: 84 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wait, fr? I'm about to finish this quest, I hope this isn't true or was the result of some misclick.

I even went to the trouble of grabbing the Zarosian titles, buying one of nex's mage robes chests, that put my bank back quite a bit, grinding 99 magic just to rp as a Zarosian battlemage and the even worse grind to 92 prayer solely for the basic curses.

If they force the Zarosians to be enemies, despite the fact I've spent the past 10 years of my time in RS helping them, it'd make my whole character's journey redundant and honestly would kill my drive to even bother playing the game anymore, Heck I even renewed membership just for the Azzy quest.

Well that's 10 years of Zarosianism down the drain, I never expected nor wanted Zarosians to be black n white good/badguys, I loved them for the gray area they sit in, but to pull a fast one and force them to turn on me? That's going to kill my reason to play the game.

This needs to be amended, this is not a good path for the game, if it carries on then I guess I quit, that's a step too far for me, I don't appreciate having a decade of choices and allegiance thrown back in my face, it's kinda insulting to be completely honest.

24-Feb-2021 10:34:07 - Last edited on 24-Feb-2021 10:35:30 by Dan-i-el

Roland Lyons
Mar Member 2014

Roland Lyons

I feel like you guys just didn't pick up on any of the warnings about Zaros we received from prior quests.

Guthix warned us about Zaros during Within the Light, saying we should be wary when dealing with him.

When you ask Saradomin in Sliske's Endgame about Zaros, and then tell him Zaros is our only hope, he'll say the following:
"You think so? Who told you this? Hmm? Was it the Empty Lord himself, perchance? Or one of his sycophants? I would expect more from the World Guardian. You are a role model...an inspiration to some. I would counsel you to use more common sense. Zaros has an agenda. Just as we all do."

When you let Armadyl know of what Zaros did to the aviansie during Endgame, he tells you this:
"No...you've said enough...thank you. Let me update my opinion then. Zaros is a monster, anyone that could do that to another sentient being deserves only contempt."

Seren, while not completely innocent herself, knows Zaros better than anyone, and she has this to say about him:
"Zaros always has an agenda. He must always be in control. I believe that everyone should govern their own actions. So, no, I suppose we are not on the best of terms."

Not to mention, the absolute tantrum he had when Jas told him he cannot become an Elder God, that a flame can never be a star no matter how bright. What you're failing to realize is that you've been used by Zaros. Those fun ancient magics and curses? Those nice Nex gear sets? Your beloved Zaros Godsword? All bribes. Why do you think Zaros doesn't make as much of an appeal to you if you're Zarosian during FotG? Because he knows you're his lackey who doesn't need his convincing. And now that he understands the threat shadow anima poses to him, he's tossing you to the curb as a liability.

You were played this whole time. This was how they always intended it. Sorry you found out the hard way.

tld;dr: stop simping for someone who sees you as a tool

24-Feb-2021 16:20:01 - Last edited on 24-Feb-2021 16:24:58 by Roland Lyons

Roland Lyons
Mar Member 2014

Roland Lyons

Oh and remember when he told us the fact that he despises his loyalty/control aura? Yeah, that was a lie. If he did he wouldn't have had his agents make the temple knights drink the purple koolaid.

24-Feb-2021 16:35:38

Dan-i-el

Dan-i-el

Posts: 84 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No, this has effectively taken the role play out of Rpg.

In Fallout New Vegas I could join the legion, in Skyrim I could raise people for fun as a necromancer.

But then a faction that has been painted as a neutral choice for players dissatisfied with a choice between Saradomin, Zamorak or the slow-to-act Guthixians is now forcefully turned against the player despite over a decade of working for them. I mean, they warned you about Zamorak too, but players could choose to join him in the end, so that argument is irrelevant.

And well, since I was Zarosian you can probably guess I wasn't much interested in Seren or Armadyl, Bandos is dead and the Godless simply aren't taken seriously.

They've enforced a linear path in a game that's meant to allow player choice. Quite insultingly so too, after all, how would the community react if they'd forced Saradomin into a villainous role?
"Zaros doesn't trust your allegiances". Bro I've been wearing Zarosian colours almost as long as I've been playing RS, that logic won't fly with me. It is fundamentally a flawed judgment.

25-Feb-2021 08:52:31

Giras
Sep Member 2012

Giras

Posts: 2,399 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have you not been seeing the Trollheim sized hints they've been dropping about Zaros not being trustworthy? Jmods were even shocked that the players took Zaros' statement about not being able to lie to you seriously. A known liar tells you he's definitely telling you the truth and you believed him?

I am a bit surprised at all the worst suspicions I had about Zaros coming true though... dunno if that makes the story predictable or me just the right level of paranoid.
I'm no one's servant!

Good. Never let anyone think differently

25-Feb-2021 17:14:31

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As a Zarosian, I feel like the writing has been on the wall about Zaros since 2016?

Concerning the "player choice" thing, you have to understand that splitting quests down two (or more) separate paths is very time-consuming for a developer like Jagex. Starting that "player choice" thing for quests was probably a bad idea, in retrospect, and it had to go if we ever wanted story progression. I don't much like it either, but that's the truth of it.

'Pro-Guthix propaganda'? We've had that for a while, I feel. Jagex has always wanted us to follow Guthix's final wish. People in the Sixth Age call us 'World Guardian', a title given to us by Guthix. We ARE Guthix's World Guardian.

One other thing, I guess, is that now we know how the Sliskean players felt for basically all of 2016?
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

25-Feb-2021 17:35:53

Quick find code: 341-342-208-66204870 Back to Top