Forums

It is hidden in the stars???

Quick find code: 341-342-160-65854032

Solmestix
Aug Member 2020

Solmestix

Posts: 477 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And if this was in Zaros' personal throne room, then it shows that, deep down, he might have still cared for Mah as his mother. Most humans, (I obv dont speak for all), have a deep sense of care for the person who is with them the most, in most cases, their mother/adoptive mother (I don't know about everyone's lives) in their childhood.

26-Nov-2016 15:06:12

Pupppy

Pupppy

Posts: 8,778 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What I find most alarming is that those "people" in the mural appear to be rotting corpses in different stages death - watch the video about the quest and its art showcase, at 13:46 you can see its clearer concept art.

The further they are from that shiny center of stars, the more collapsing, and further degraded skeletons they are...

Oh, and those two ones standing on their feet seem to own horns or some other kind head protuberances, just like the mahjarrat do. The rest look pretty humane.

ps: what if that mural was made at like very close to the beginning of the zarosian empire? Then Zaros wouldn't have met the mahjarrat yet, and that would mean something entirely unrelated to them.

26-Nov-2016 23:27:36 - Last edited on 26-Nov-2016 23:31:42 by Pupppy

GnomechildD
Nov Member 2023

GnomechildD

Posts: 129 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I was looking at the video with the concept art and when the mural comes up you can make put some letters and words using all of the dots on it. I made out Jas in the center of the main star and then the letter "v" in the left and then the letters "o" and "s". And in the quest you can see that the letters are still there as well.

Actually looking at it again I think the "v" is supposed to be a Roman numeral 5. Maybe for the 5 elder gods?

28-Nov-2016 03:00:23

Kemtros
Aug Member 2022

Kemtros

Posts: 5,407 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
GnomechildD said :
So I was looking at the video with the concept art and when the mural comes up you can make put some letters and words using all of the dots on it. I made out Jas in the center of the main star and then the letter "v" in the left and then the letters "o" and "s". And in the quest you can see that the letters are still there as well.

Actually looking at it again I think the "v" is supposed to be a Roman numeral 5. Maybe for the 5 elder gods?

…Huh.

Isn't "VOS" supposed to be something on the RuneMetrics table that's supposed to be connected to the Elder Gods in some way?

01-Dec-2016 15:42:26

Azaros

Azaros

Posts: 69 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As for the mural depictions, I believe it is somewhat linked to his philosophy too. According to
Zaros
; "Those who choose to give in to weakness do not deserve the gift of life" You have to reach for the stars to grow and evolve if you choose not to and give in to your own "weakness" you're left to rot away.
Zarosian Legatus

09-Dec-2016 13:42:08 - Last edited on 09-Dec-2016 13:43:40 by Azaros

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pupppy said :
What I find most alarming is that those "people" in the mural appear to be rotting corpses in different stages death - watch the video about the quest and its art showcase, at 13:46 you can see its clearer concept art.

The further they are from that shiny center of stars, the more collapsing, and further degraded skeletons they are...

Oh, and those two ones standing on their feet seem to own horns or some other kind head protuberances, just like the mahjarrat do. The rest look pretty humane.

ps: what if that mural was made at like very close to the beginning of the zarosian empire? Then Zaros wouldn't have met the mahjarrat yet, and that would mean something entirely unrelated to them.

I think this definitely deserves more speculation. Whatever this means is central to both the empire and Zaros himself for him to put it there.

I think Mah/the elder gods is the most likely "she". Being their creators and the source of their life and death. Zaros similarly dreams of being like them.

Azaros said :
As for the mural depictions, I believe it is somewhat linked to his philosophy too. According to
Zaros
; "Those who choose to give in to weakness do not deserve the gift of life" You have to reach for the stars to grow and evolve if you choose not to and give in to your own "weakness" you're left to rot away.

That is also very likely. More symbolic. I like it.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

11-Dec-2016 03:00:12 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2016 03:02:15 by Lego Miester

Solmestix
Aug Member 2020

Solmestix

Posts: 477 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kemtros said :
GnomechildD said :

…Huh.

Isn't "VOS" supposed to be something on the RuneMetrics table that's supposed to be connected to the Elder Gods in some way?

WHAT. Anyone know any more on this? What does VOS have to do with the elder gods in Runemetrics???

11-Dec-2016 11:38:26

GoatsGoBleat
Jun Member 2011

GoatsGoBleat

Posts: 338 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solmestix said :
Kemtros said :
GnomechildD said :

…Huh.

WHAT. Anyone know any more on this? What does VOS have to do with the elder gods in Runemetrics???

QFC: 341-342-913-65758008

Edit: Pure speculation but vos could be something to do with Voice of Seren. Again I'd like to stress, pure speculation.

11-Dec-2016 11:50:00 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2016 11:52:57 by GoatsGoBleat

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Posts: 3,313 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If this Vos thing is a legit concept, I remember at one point ( I think it was Mod Osborne ) it was said that they wanted a vowel for each of the Elder's names, and Mah was almost changed to Moh, so, if the final Elder God ( or Elder Concept, or whatever form it takes ) is is named Vos, I called it.

Also, in today's Q&A, did Mod Ollie confirm this?

Edit:
I actually read the above linked QFC, and see that literally everyone else had the same idea, so yay for more intelligent lore people.

13-Dec-2016 18:44:39 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2016 18:48:22 by Summerleaf

Kanarthasis
May Member 2019

Kanarthasis

Posts: 1,413 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Today mod Ollie posted this:
Mod Ollie@JagexOllie
There was a secret hidden in plain sight in Children of Mah that I still haven't seen posted anywhere. Wonder if anyone has found it...

So, @JagexRowley actually linked me to a tiny forum thread where the secret was found. Flew a little under the radar though. Hint: stars.

14-Dec-2016 01:26:20 - Last edited on 14-Dec-2016 01:26:59 by Kanarthasis

Quick find code: 341-342-160-65854032 Back to Top