Forums

IDEA - Bonesack use

Quick find code: 322-323-596-66261568

Chuckballin
Sep Member 2023

Chuckballin

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think this would be a great idea! I support it.

We have the seed box, herb sack, rune pouch, plank sack, soul bearer, coal bag, gem bag, essence pouches, and probably some more I'm missing. Why don't we have a bonesack that holds bones?

I would love for there to be a Rag and Bone Man III that would explain the backstory of the Odd Old Man and the seemingly possessed bonesack he wears. I think the quest reward should definitely be an upgraded version of the bonesack that would allow it to hold a certain amount of bones.

I understand how this could be exploited by the players training prayer at POH altars, but perhaps the upgraded bonesack could only be deposited at banks. I think it would be funny for the bonesack to not want to give the bones back, Seeing as the Odd Old Man's bonesack had a hankering for bones. Maybe the one the player has upgraded would have a mind of its own as well?

The upgraded bonesack must first be filled with a certain amount of each type of bones in order to be satisfied, allowing (unlocking) the ability to store that type of bones. For example, the uprageded bonesack must be "fed" 100 normal bones in order to access normal bones storage, then allowing you to freely store 28 normal bones. Each type of bones could require the upgraded bonesack to be fed an increasing/decreasing amount of bones per type to unlock the ability to store 28 of that type. A combination of each type could also be stored, or a combination of each type based on the bones' size.

02-Dec-2023 03:22:28

Mr_Finchwood
May Member 2021

Mr_Finchwood

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
New thought:

IF there's going to be a Rag and Bone Man III Quest, and IF that quest ends in a boss fight that gives us the final ability to use the sack in question, I think we ought to have to fight either...

A) whatever creepy monster is currently living in the sack (and possibly controlling him?), or
B) we fight the Rag and Bone Man himself and liberate whatever's in the bag (the classic "he was the real monster all along!" plotline).

You could even make this a miniquest if you don't want it to be too complicated. Just please give us a functional bonesack. Thanks again!

26-Dec-2023 17:12:30

Quick find code: 322-323-596-66261568 Back to Top