Forums

IDEA - Bonesack use

Quick find code: 322-323-596-66261568

Dry Izzy
Nov Member 2021

Dry Izzy

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd even say boss kills are required for the quest too.

28 bone spaces are huge! The quest should include slayer monsters up to slayy 75-80 (boostable) and bones from DK Kbd and maybe GWD bosses/Zulrah. Did every content on my iron with about cb 100-110 (Boss bones should also have a 100% drop rate). This would also kinda prevent green dragon bots abuse it too (at least some of them i guess.

13-Sep-2022 09:53:15

Excyrial

Excyrial

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dry Izzy said :
I'd even say boss kills are required for the quest too.

28 bone spaces are huge! The quest should include slayer monsters up to slayy 75-80 (boostable) and bones from DK Kbd and maybe GWD bosses/Zulrah. Did every content on my iron with about cb 100-110 (Boss bones should also have a 100% drop rate). This would also kinda prevent green dragon bots abuse it too (at least some of them i guess.

28 spaces would actually be in line with the Fish Barrel from Tempoross, the Plank Sack from Mahony Homes or the Herb Sack from the Tithe Farm (Though due to the Herb Sack holding 30 of each herb, it's arguably superior over the other ones but that is besides the point). That said, those containers all take a while to earn so a time investment requirement in line with those examples would be fair.

To add some more balance it may even be worth to consider a limitation on the bone sack - perhaps that the bone sack can only be emptied at a bank, similar to the fish barrel? That would make gathering bones a lot more convenient without also instantly doubling XP rates from delivering them to an altar or the ectofungus.

As for where to earn it, another Rag and Bone Man quest may be an option. Though i would personally really like a prayer based mini-game instead where it would be (one of the) rewards that can be earned. I just really like these minigames as an alternative to regular grinding, especially if it offers useful rewards for the skill they are aimed at.

10-Oct-2022 15:50:04

GIM MeAHand
May Member 2023

GIM MeAHand

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Let it be upgraded by the goblins through curved bones, these provide more space in the sack.
This system lets you tier it through a non-tradeable mechanic, preventing pay to win. This would let the quest be associated in the goblin quest line too and finally give purpose to the RAB quest line.
Every tier requires 5 additional bones, but increases the carry capacity by 2 for 5 long bones, and 3 for 5 curved bones.

The max the sack can hold is 30.
The sack starts with a capacity of 15 and can be upgraded 5 times.

If all curved bones are used, the capacity becomes 30.
If all long bones are used, the capacity becomes 25.
Bone Sack (15 capacity)
Bone Sack I (17-18)
Bone Sack II (19-21)
Bone Sack III (21-24)
Bone Sack IV (23-27)
Bone Sack V (25-30)

You can mix and match bones, the probability of capacity is based on the number of the bone type, 1 curved and 4 long provides a 20% chance for a 3 capacity, and an 80% chance for a 2 capacity addition.

This turns a grind into a multi purpose grind and essentially lets you get 33% more kills per inventory initially, turning into double the kills at later stages.

31-May-2023 23:55:40 - Last edited on 31-May-2023 23:58:30 by GIM MeAHand

Mr_Finchwood
May Member 2021

Mr_Finchwood

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support. I have suggested this multiple times. Please please please Jagex. Do this.

And regarding all the speculation on this thread saying we'd need a new quest or boss to unlock the bone sack's abilities... I think it should be simpler than that:

Rag and Bone Man I gives you the bone sack as a cosmetic wearable. Once you start Rag and Bone Man II, he opens it up to carry ONLY the bones on his list. After the second quest, he says his list is complete and says the player is welcome to store whatever other bones in it instead.

Also, if this were polled, I would vote in favor of it being only emptiable at a bank interface (except for UIMs... they have enough problems, so maybe for them it could only be emptied at an altar or in the POH?)

19-Jun-2023 17:32:35 - Last edited on 26-Jun-2023 17:46:25 by Mr_Finchwood

Quick find code: 322-323-596-66261568 Back to Top