Forums

IDEA - Bonesack use

Quick find code: 322-323-596-66261568

The Killa D2
Aug Member 2022

The Killa D2

Posts: 832 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey everyone. I was just killing some wyrms looking at my herb sack when a thought appeared. Why isn't there something similar for bones? Well, we already have the Bonesack that you get from the Rag and Bone man II quest. So why not add an ability to the Bonesack that lets you store bones.

I'm proposing 2 things.

1. The added ability to the Bonesack to store bones.

2.A new quest to unlock the ability. Rag and Bone man III.

There are a lot of new monsters since the last quest and it might be fun to use some challenging monsters in it as well as some high level slayer monsters.

Let me know what you think or if this is something that could be possible.

Thank you,
The killa D2

30-Aug-2022 21:58:26

The Killa D2
Aug Member 2022

The Killa D2

Original message details are unavailable.
Ive said the same thing. Just make the bonesack hold 28 bones no need for a quest really
The ability to hold extra bones is very very valuable. which is why i think another quest is a must for this. A benefit this good should certainly be earned.

30-Aug-2022 22:49:18

Maks Cape
Jan Member 2020

Maks Cape

Posts: 1,308 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a brilliant idea and I'm not sure why it wasn't a thing in the first place!

I mean it's in the name...
bonesack

I think it should be quest locked since it would be an absolute game changer. The last two Rag and Bone Man quests were released on April of 2006. A Rag and Bone Man III would be a great idea to introduce a slightly bigger bonesack (since these new bones nowadays are HUGE). You'd traverse throughout the lands of Gielinor and fight higher level NPC's and deliver the bones to the Odd Old Man.

Some notable bones could be:

Standard : Dagannoth

Draconic : Dragon, Drake, Hydra, Lava dragon, Wyrm, Wyvern, Superior dragon (Some can be scratched off the list because of the high level requirements)

Monkey : Karamjan, Small zombie monkey, Large zombie monkey, Gorilla, Bearded gorilla, Small ninja monkey, Medium ninja monkey, Skeleton gorilla

Ogre bones : Fayrg, Raurg, Ourg (Maybe since they're obtained from Ogre Coffins)

Special bones : Mangled, Shaikahan

It would be able to store 28 bones of any kind. It would be a nice QOL feature for players trying to level up prayer (especially iron accounts) and for those who like to do slayer. Filling your bonesack up after every task and profiting even more.

I would imagine it being an experienced and medium-long level quest.

Great idea! :)

31-Aug-2022 18:31:34 - Last edited on 31-Aug-2022 18:35:34 by Maks Cape

Conformed
Oct Member 2023

Conformed

Posts: 2,901 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I’m all for it. As a matter of fact, this is a really clever suggestion and I hope the J-Mods do see this or can at least find some way to incorporate it into a livestream or a poll.

Support!
-- Con
for
med --

01-Sep-2022 03:46:15

The Killa D2
Aug Member 2022

The Killa D2

I love your addition to the Idea!

I was thinking maybe even some slayer monsters could be added. Like Turoths (the drop would be there teeth) Crawling hands, Wyrms etc.

Another idea, which im not even sure about, is at the end of the quest there is a boss monster. If you recall the bone sack would mumble. So i'm thinking once it is fed all the new bones it transforms into a giant boss made up of all the bones its been fed. After the quest it can be fought again and it's drops would mainly consist of different forms of noted bones (big bones, dragon bones, wyrms bones, ourg bones, ETC)

That's all I have to add for now. Let me know what everyone thinks.

12-Sep-2022 12:42:59

Quick find code: 322-323-596-66261568 Back to Top