Forums

Help bring new players to osrs

Quick find code: 322-323-277-66280049

Rabbitmeds
Nov Member 2023

Rabbitmeds

Posts: 205 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To build off of my last post, I wanted to share with everyone the graphical differences of OSRS, Runelite 117 HD, and HDOS. Sometimes a visual representation can be helpful!

I recommend viewing all images in a new tab so you can see the detail!

OSRS:

Runelite 117 HD:

HDOS:

There is real merit in exploring the idea of having low, medium, and high graphical settings (as we did in the old days!). Low, being OSRS as it currently is- they way those of us who enjoy the charm of OSRS can keep it that way, but for everyone else, there are options.

Yes, we can play the different clients, however, overall integration could be the better route long term.
20 Year Runescape Vet. | Astrophysicist studying 21-cm hyperfine hydrogen lines

Forum Help - Forum Help

24-May-2023 00:26:15 - Last edited on 24-May-2023 00:31:52 by Rabbitmeds

GIM MeAHand
May Member 2023

GIM MeAHand

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just as they had a 2006 backup, they may have another backup of a newer version of the game with the new assets - meaning someone would just need to create the new assets for the content unique to osrs if those were ever released/shared.
That would cut out most of the overhead work if they wanted the community to be able to do it.
If you have to spend money to hire developers then you are not making as much money. If you keep the teams small and pump updates out at a consistent rate then players are playing and waiting for new content, if it all comes at once players could miss it or lose interest. It is a risky game hiring more developers to address a single problem like this.
I like the slow release method as it allows new players to catch up over time even though the long standing maxed accounts can become bored of the game. It helps prevent the game from blocking new players entering that elite tier. This allows every player to reach a point they are happy with leaving the game, and still have some things to look forward to when they return years later without it being overwhelming.
I see this as how you keep an old game new.

24-May-2023 04:25:49

Quick find code: 322-323-277-66280049 Back to Top