Forums

Help bring new players to osrs

Quick find code: 322-323-277-66280049

HCIM Ragner

HCIM Ragner

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Let’s face it new players get turned away from osrs because of the graphics and it holds the game back so much!

Idea to bring new graphics into the game similar to rs3 but leave the tick system the way it is.

I believe rs3 was a failure wasn’t the graphic change but it was the change of the whole combat system. Which took away the whole old school rs feel.

Let’s fix the graphics without changing the feel of the game and bring these new players to experience the game. This is a great game and the content which has been coming out is awesome! Raids are challenging and rewarding we just need to boost the community!

13-May-2023 18:32:28

Rabbitmeds
Nov Member 2023

Rabbitmeds

Posts: 205 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are many things which Jagex can improve upon for OSRS, graphics being one of them- a third party app beat them to the punch comically (RuneLite) . What angered me initially was that Jagex literally forced everyone into EoD instead of giving us a choice. I've played this game since 2003, on this account, and did not want Rs3's new system. Which is why I quit for 6-7 years. Yet here I am, wanting this game to be the best it can be.

It should have been a graphical update for the OSRS we play now, yet Jagex backtracked and now Runescape is split into two, more or less.

I support a graphical/engine update- this game is in dire need of a new healthy player base but has such a long way to go before it can even get there.
20 Year Runescape Vet. | Astrophysicist studying 21-cm hyperfine hydrogen lines

Forum Help - Forum Help

14-May-2023 06:52:00 - Last edited on 14-May-2023 15:41:37 by Rabbitmeds

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rabbitmeds said :
There are many things which Jagex can improve upon for OSRS, graphics being one of them- a third party app beat them to the punch comically (RuneLite) .
Yes, a third party can do an overlay that changes the images you see, but for jagex to do it would require completely remaking the engine. Since it would also require a 75% vote from the players, for them to do so, it is not likely to happen. I do not know if you remember the situation when Jagex did the last major graphics update to rs2, but it took a very large crew to work on it for a very long time and we were not getting updates as often. That is basically what jagex would have to do, but we do not have the crew to do it.

In addition, why should they when another group can do overlays and get the same results, easier.

14-May-2023 17:12:52

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PVM Ragner said :
I 100% agree. They need to modernise the graphics of this game with the same fighting system. This game could be huge if they made the graphics more modern
So basically you want them to wipe out osrs and make it a weak imitation of rs3?

14-May-2023 17:13:46

Rabbitmeds
Nov Member 2023

Rabbitmeds

Posts: 205 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex definitely has the revenue stream and ability to update the engine, they're making more now than they ever have. Especially after the acquisition by Macarthur Fortune for $500+ million in 2020 and the release of mobile. With that said, I agree with you that it will likely never happen, which is a bit sad to me. Being such the game that it is, it has so much more potential and would thrive if it could attract more players. Updating the engine would be an investment into the games future.

In regards to your last question- it may be easier to allow a third party to overhaul how the game can look, though it still is a bit frustrating that that is the case. Long term, that just doesn't seem like the right choice (though I do love Runelite). Considering that Jagex very nearly prevented Runelite from releasing at all.

Having played for 20 years, I want this game to continue to grow. However, ultimately I agree with you, bummer.
20 Year Runescape Vet. | Astrophysicist studying 21-cm hyperfine hydrogen lines

Forum Help - Forum Help

15-May-2023 06:22:01 - Last edited on 16-May-2023 16:54:56 by Rabbitmeds

Quick find code: 322-323-277-66280049 Back to Top