Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
oh 10% chance to smelt two bars at once. I guess that would correlate to a 10% increase in exp? Which would be an extra 5.62 exp per bar, which takes it up to 57.8 exp. Which works out to be ~2.5 gp/exp

Addy bars are 62.5 exp per bar. cost ~2230, dart tips should sell at ~210 which works out to be 2.08 gp/exp.

Idk I guess its pretty much equal either way :P . Dart tips have room to crash considering finished darts are quite a bit cheaper than them at the moment, where as I dont think gold has any room to change its gp/exp.

Though Im sure someone like Finbarr will come in and tell me 10% increased speed isn't a direct 10% exp increase and completely ruin all my math! Though I doubt it could be a big enough difference to seriously sway the results.

26-Mar-2015 21:46:23

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Otter said :
Though Im sure someone like Finbarr will come in and tell me 10% increased speed isn't a direct 10% exp increase and completely ruin all my math!

Well technically not, unless you could spend no time banking. :P

The benefit of smithing multiple bars at once decreases the more bars you smith at once as the ratio of time spent banking to actually smithing increases.
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

26-Mar-2015 22:49:43

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ScapeRune said :
Otter said :
Though Im sure someone like Finbarr will come in and tell me 10% increased speed isn't a direct 10% exp increase and completely ruin all my math!

Well technically not, unless you could spend no time banking. :P

The benefit of smithing multiple bars at once decreases the more bars you smith at once as the ratio of time spent banking to actually smithing increases.

Yeah I was ignoring that considering we were comparing single bar methods. But yes 10% speed increase would be devalued in comparison to +10% experience in the sense that with speed you'd be spending more time idle while banking. But when comparing single bar methods I figured it was pretty negligible and thus even calculating it as +10% experience would be near enough for comparisons sake.

ScapeRune said :
Omg they took the refresh button away :c

I miss it too :c.

26-Mar-2015 23:04:13

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top