Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Asgarnia said :
Does anyone else notice that since today's update the "loading - please wait" is taking a few seconds longer than normal? Instead of a slight delay it feels like my screen is freezing now.

Yea, everyone is getting it. It will only happen once for each new area you visit though because the game needs to update your cache after they added the trading posts to every bank.
Mod Ash said :
Cyrax said :
Ash, loading screens have become quite long since the update, what happened?

New GFX to download, including a lot of changed map areas where I've been installing trading posts.
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

10-Dec-2014 22:46:28

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 44,957 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Think Mod Ash said it was because a lot of the map squares were updated for the Trading Post and therefore have to be re-downloaded instead of being loaded from the cache. Don't quote me on that though.

10-Dec-2014 22:46:57

Asgarnia
Jul Member 2010

Asgarnia

Posts: 329 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seems like it was happening during farm runs and when I teleport as well... probably just in my head :p ty though

edit: Yep, it's definitely slower. Hope they fix this soon.

Much better now.

10-Dec-2014 22:57:39 - Last edited on 14-Dec-2014 02:56:21 by Asgarnia

San
Jul Member 2023

San

Posts: 4,259 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1041 – The son of Empress Zoe of Byzantium succeeds to the throne of the Eastern Roman Empire as Michael V.
1508 – The League of Cambrai is formed by Pope Julius II, Louis XII of France, Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor and Ferdinand II of Aragon as an alliance against Venice.
1510 – Portuguese conquest of Goa: Portuguese naval forces under the command of Afonso de Albuquerque, and local mercenaries working for privateer Timoji, seize Goa from the Bijapur Sultanate, resulting in 451 years of Portuguese colonial rule.
1520 – Martin Luther burns his copy of the papal bull Exsurge Domine outside Wittenberg's Elster Gate.
1541 – Thomas Culpeper and Francis Dereham are executed for having affairs with Catherine Howard, Queen of England and wife of Henry VIII.
1665 * The Royal Netherlands Marine Corps is founded by Michiel de Ruyter
1684 – Isaac Newton's derivation of Kepler's laws from his theory of gravity, contained in the paper De motu corporum in gyrum, is read to the Royal Society by Edmond Halley.
1799 – France adopts the metre as its official unit of length.
1817 – Mississippi becomes the 20th U.S. state.
1861 – American Civil War: The Confederate States of America accept a rival state government's pronouncement that declares Kentucky to be the 13th state of the Confederacy.
1861 – Forces led by *guyễn Trung Trực, an anti-colonial guerrilla leader in southern Vietnam, sink the French lorcha L'Esperance.
1864 – American Civil War: Sherman's March to the Sea * Major General William Tecumseh Sherman's Union Army troops reach the outer Confederate defenses of Savannah, Georgia.
1868 – The first traffic lights are installed, outside the Palace of Westminster in London. Resembling railway signals, they use semaphore arms and are illuminated at night by red and green gas lamps.
1869 – The Kappa Sigma Fraternity is founded at the University of Virginia.
1884 – Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is published.

and some more stuff
Sailing

11-Dec-2014 00:17:22

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top