Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

The contents of this message have been hidden.

14-Feb-2021 04:11:41

Graddy 2H

Graddy 2H

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright so...I've got a complaint. Sorry if this isn't the right thread.

I've been training on my Old School account for just about a month now. I remember playing Runescape way back in the day, and I remember bots being a slight issue because it only was visible once in a while. However, I am absolutely shocked at the rate at which they have increased.

Not just increased, but it's being done shamelessly. There is hardly a single bot trying to blend in the crowd. Now, when there are bots, they are there with several others, all with a matching username. How are they getting through the system? It's absolutely frustrating to see people exploit the game everyone else is working so hard on.

Additionally, there are those who aren't botting but are still taking advantage of shortcuts and bugs in the system. I don't know how to post an image onto here, but essentially there were approximately 7 players pickpocketing the same Ardougne Knight, and one player using damage-less spells from another side to get his mage up and keep the knight distracted. It felt like a bunch of players literally gang up on the NPC, just to get quick experience. I know everyone has their own way of playing and progressing in the game, but come on, have some respect for the way the game is meant to be played and progress in ways that make at least a little sense.

That's all I wanted to say. Thanks :)

21-Feb-2021 05:03:33

General Tap
Aug Member 2020

General Tap

Posts: 3,544 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Feel free to use your Report button if you feel rules are being broken. I'm not sure about the Ardougne Knight gameplay as I know Thieving guides comment on it as being one of the fastest rates of XP at the moment, as well as "splashing" for slow-but-steady Magic XP, but if you suspect macroing, I'd definitely give that Report button a click as that is definitely against the Codes of Conduct. ‡±General Tap's War Chest±‡
Twitter: @
GeneralTapOSRS

23-Feb-2021 19:54:00 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2021 21:01:52 by General Tap

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top