Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Tom-ONeill

Tom-ONeill

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi guys,

Anybody can help me out here?

I got an email about that a friend I referred created an account on Runescape. I never referred anyone, but I thought it must have been a friend on OSRS that updated to the new Runescape. Then I got an email that that person upgraded to member and I got a week membership too.

This was a few days ago and now I tried to login on OSRS and it asked me for my Authenticator code, which I did not have enabled. I disabled it and changed my password right away. The emails were real, since my account shows I am a member, though I can't use it (probably don't deserve it either, haha), since I cannot login anymore.

It keeps saying this:
Your account has not logged out from its last session or the server is too busy right now. Please try again in a few minutes.

Maybe I gotta wait a few hours, but in the last half hour, no luck!

There doesn't seem to be a way to contact Runescape except for payment information and I cannot log out or see any current sessions (apart from mobile, but that didn't work).

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Okay, so after a few tries I finally was able to login. My account had been used by someone I don't know. Apparently used some macro tool on me as well since I am suddenly level 58 agility when I was lvl 1...! He took my money as well, but other than that my bank looks about the same. Good reminder not to reuse passwords across sites I guess.
Well, good thing I got my account back at least...

25-Aug-2018 16:12:45 - Last edited on 25-Aug-2018 16:21:28 by Tom-ONeill

Fawx
Nov Member 2023

Fawx

Posts: 7,470 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom-ONeill said :
Hi guys,

Anybody can help me out here?

I got an email about that a friend I referred created an account on Runescape. I never referred anyone, but I thought it must have been a friend on OSRS that updated to the new Runescape. Then I got an email that that person upgraded to member and I got a week membership too.

This was a few days ago and now I tried to login on OSRS and it asked me for my Authenticator code, which I did not have enabled. I disabled it and changed my password right away. The emails were real, since my account shows I am a member, though I can't use it (probably don't deserve it either, haha), since I cannot login anymore.

It keeps saying this:
Your account has not logged out from its last session or the server is too busy right now. Please try again in a few minutes.

Maybe I gotta wait a few hours, but in the last half hour, no luck!

There doesn't seem to be a way to contact Runescape except for payment information and I cannot log out or see any current sessions (apart from mobile, but that didn't work).

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Okay, so after a few tries I finally was able to login. My account had been used by someone I don't know. Apparently used some macro tool on me as well since I am suddenly level 58 agility when I was lvl 1...! He took my money as well, but other than that my bank looks about the same. Good reminder not to reuse passwords across sites I guess.
Well, good thing I got my account back at least...

lock/boot your account

See there and lock your account as it appears to be hijacked.
@FawxRS

Account Security

27-Aug-2018 15:03:56 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2018 15:05:34 by Fawx

Metal Gear

Metal Gear

Posts: 45 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey guys and girls,

thought i'd check out the general forum while grinding agility out, feel free to add me!
Chatting with other players will help with the grind lol, and if anyone has any questions, i'll use my average knowledge of the game to help out if possible!
Iron man - Total Level currently:- 1773. - Just a guy looking to get the most out of the game i love.
Currently reached 99 Agility! - Need help, just ask!
Current Goal:- Reach 99 Agility.

01-Sep-2018 10:52:20

Chum Hive

Chum Hive

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Same, used to play way back in the day but got too busy with work and school, but now I'm starting back up again. Only on osrs. Mage pure starting off right now. Also does anyone have discord or something? Hmu. I have my 10 veterans Cape on rs3 and almost my 15 so I know a lot about 07

02-Sep-2018 21:30:59 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2018 21:35:28 by Chum Hive

Kushies

Kushies

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Everyone,

I am doing a Free 2 play giveaway tonight on twitch. The stream is up now and the drawings will start at 7:30 pm (U.S. Eastern TZ). So Come join me for some free gold and Rune Weapons and Armor and more. This is a legit giveaway done by raffle in my stream so you need to do nothing in Runescape accept accept the free item if you are chosen.

Only requirement to win is to be following me on twitch. So come join me and bring your friends. Join me Now @ https://www.twitch.tv/kushies_tv.

See You Soon!!!

02-Sep-2018 23:37:14

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top