Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Nubby Nubnub

Nubby Nubnub

Forum Moderator Posts: 7,703 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Umbralwolf said :
Is there any way to move my RS3 profile back to it's previous RS2 standings? I'd rather not have to spend all the time I did in Rs2 over again getting back to my current standings in Rs3.
Unfortunately this is not possible, everyone had to start from scratch when Old School RuneScape was launched back in 2013. In addition to this, this suggestion wouldn't be fair to the current Old School players, as it's generally a lot faster to gain levels in RuneScape 3.

08-Aug-2018 00:23:12 - Last edited on 08-Aug-2018 00:23:21 by Nubby Nubnub

Darkneshh

Darkneshh

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Of course, the 1 night I was too lazy to put my stack of GP away in the bank before going to bed to wake up and find it gone and someone trying to cancel my bank pin. Even had the authenticator enabled. But considering Jagex is too incompetent to protect or care about its player base to help return hijacked iteds well then let's just see how long the game will really last with just the loyal fanbase growing old :( I'm glad I only paid for 1 month of Membership before before realizing the memorabilia isn't worth this grinding borefest of a shit ya'll call a game. Literally designed to waste your time to force you to keep paying for membership and that's all it is.

Even the PvP is reliant on how shittily made the game is giving players unfair advantages in timing, etc. zzzzz
Have fun playing an awful and boring game because you feel forced to make use out of your money monthly.

10-Aug-2018 16:40:55

LastLedgend

LastLedgend

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I played rs2 for years, left the game for a long time to find rs3 has been made, which is fair enough the game needs to evolve.
But I was told that on rs3 the stats would carry over and on osrs the stats would reset?
Which is fine, I prefer osrs so I’ve been playing that.
But I wanted to see what my stats used to be so I thought if I log on the rs3 server I can see what they was as the stats was carrying over?
But no, both osrs and rs3 are reset?!?!
Why is this? Why did my stats not carry over to rs3??
I’m ok with osrs resetting but both?!?!

SOMEONE HELP !!
Hi

11-Aug-2018 00:42:15

Vs Me

Vs Me

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Duel Arena Changes and iOS Beta News
mod_gambit
August 16 2018 "

Jagex do I have to remind you what happens when you start adding trade limiters. I was blown away when I woke up this morning seeing the changes to the duel arena. Just another step forward to EOC. I don't know how other players don't see it yet but just as history repeats itself Jagex focused on going after the dueling. Pretty sure years ago before trade limit got added yall started with limiting duel arena. This update is a complete downfall. All to tackle RWT are you joking? Jagex you sell gold in the form of bonds. As long as that goes on its RWT. So sick of how you constantly focus on a monopoly. OSRS was on a steady downfall until Mobile released that was a great update. But now this is going to be a huge turning point again, unless actions are revoked. what's a duel arena that you cant even duel for items anymore. Not every player has cash stacks. This update is absolutely a wake up call for players like myself that has played for over 10 Years. Absolute Garbage update jagex don't let the osrs community down.

Sincerely pissed off long time customer.

16-Aug-2018 15:10:23 - Last edited on 16-Aug-2018 15:11:47 by Vs Me

Its Trinkz

Its Trinkz

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex,

Just want to apologize in advanced for the large quantity of uneducated high school dropouts who are going to complain about the duel arena update because they don't understand the concept of inflation. And another apology for the percentage of those people who will whine about forced updates and us heading towards EOC and all that blah blah blah.

This is a great update, the more money sinks the better, and honestly I hope this tax warms people up enough to implement a GE tax. It's great for the game, it's clear you care, keep doing what you're doing, just stay transparent while you do it, and maybe try to educate the haters a bit better because they're obviously dense.

-Trinkz

16-Aug-2018 18:49:47

X2 Sir

X2 Sir

Hey So I have a question, recently I transferred money to osrs to rs3 and some guy walked up behind me and started harassing me saying I was real world trading, to my knowledge you cant be banned for transferring gp but I may be wrong I haven't played In forever and was super freaking poor on osrs, so If anyone can clarify and atleast make me not worry that would be super nice, thank you.

16-Aug-2018 21:33:40

Occultima

Occultima

I wasn't sure where to say this but I have to say it. I've been replaying OSRS for a few weeks now (came back after over a decade), and was immediately blown away by how welcoming high level players are in this game. I'm not sure if I've just been lucky, because I've also met some jerks, but the good experiences have definitely outweighed the bad.

On my third day playing, someone was fishing near Lumbridge and just ran up and gave me some cooked salmon and 50k. I guess they just needed to get it off their hands, but handing it to someone instead of just dropping it was really nice to see.

Then, I was goblin hunting, and someone else was talking aloud about how they had just come back to the game after ten years. I said I was doing the same thing, and someone traded me a full set of steel armor.

A few days later, I was mining near Varrock, and another stranger gave me a black pick axe, probably because I was visibly struggling to get ore against everyone else.

Finally, I was fishing near Draynor, where I met my first jerk. He was insulting a level 100+ player for "showing off on a free world" (who said they were actually there because they were helping a friend), and then he started teasing me because I was a dude in a plate skirt (a steel one, which was given to me earlier). I tried to defend myself without getting as nasty as he was, but just let it go. Later on, someone called "no replies" ran up to me. They gave me 250k and said "for wearing a skirt like a boss". I had actually thought my lucky experiences had run out with that jerk, when this guy saved the day.

I wasn't even begging for help from any of them. Complete strangers have helped me so much that they've motivated me to get good, so that I can do the same for others who are starting out. Especially that last person, who probably wouldn't even remember me, but really set me on my way when I needed it the most.

And I now refuse to put pants on. :)

21-Aug-2018 12:51:53

Arlen

Arlen

Posts: 1,348 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi ,

I'm not sure where this post belongs but I wanted to make you aware of an issue that has occurred since the OS update that happened about 10 minutes ago.

I was having trouble logging into the client for about 15 minutes (which is now fine), but when I eventually logged in I noticed I am missing a lot of the toolbar options/ icons. The only ones I have are the spellbook, friends/ ignore list, general settings, emotes and music tracks.

When I got logged out by the update, I was in Kourend's Catacomb's.

I have tried logging out and back in again as well as switching worlds to see if this would fix the issue, but no luck.

Please let me know if anyone else is having this same problem.

23-Aug-2018 16:11:28 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2018 16:13:40 by Arlen

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top