Forums

Clan Avatar

Quick find code: 294-295-56-63942743

39 Low Ikov

39 Low Ikov

Posts: 108 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The avatar is alot of hoopla over nothing. We have a pretty active clan and citadel, and even we are having a hard time understandint the benfits of the avatar. It is causing us to argue over what resources we need to collect, we only get the buffs A; if our handlers are online, B; If said handler wants to hang in the citadel or the surface world.
I find that un-acceptable that we spend alot of time collecting resources fromt he skill plots that we don't want to do, to have so many restrictions on the benefits. And as stated, lord forbid the handler who has the avatar out dc's, then we can't resummon for 24 hours.
What a major let down.

20-Aug-2012 14:54:41

[#N5GRIJB9Z]

[#N5GRIJB9Z]

Posts: 286 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just encountered my first appearance of a clan avatar from another clan who was walking around with it. At first, I was like "oh, cool, another citadel update". However, when I saw this clan avatar walking around with these clan members, I was very shocked and quite excited for the update actually. I'm so excited that I can't even wait for my current clan to obtain one! :D
Love the update! :)
"Infinitus est numerus stultorum - Infinite is the number of fools"

21-Aug-2012 02:11:57

Great Garuda

Great Garuda

Posts: 1,237 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a nice idea, but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired in several ways.
The range thing needs to be made more plausible for normal use situations as it is too restrictive as described in the documentation. It should cover an area/dungeon rather than just a small area in the immediate vicinity. This is particularly true of skilling. For instance, it should cover all of Living Rock Cavern if used there, or all of Catherby if used there, or all Citadel spots if used there. It should be possible to hand off the avatar between wardens or return it to the habitat early (dismiss) so another warden can take it out. A warden cannot be expected to stay up for 24 hours, much less online continuously for that period, and clans are 24/7 organizations. These are critical flaws, quite frankly.
The whole anagogic ort implementation is poor, to the extent that it shows the problematic nature of specialized currencies like this as unevenly implemented in the game. They should always be automatically picked up, obviating the need to waste a buff on that. Given the current implementation, they should have a loud, distinctive sound-effect for when they drop. But really, all currencies (orts, tokkul, ecto-tokens, trading sticks, coins [might have missed something]) should be collected automatically by the money pouch. Right now, orts make a mess of skilling is too many rather obvious ways.
So this seems maybe beta quality rather than ready for prime time.

21-Aug-2012 19:06:12

Great Garuda

Great Garuda

Posts: 1,237 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Changing the expire time to 6 hours will help some but this is still flawed as a way to do this. The warden has to penalize the clanmates every time a bank/deposit box trip is needed or has to log off for a bit. The avatar should be able to be planted at a location to stay for its time or until it is unplanted. It should be able to stay there for the clan when the warden has to leave or log off.

22-Aug-2012 15:37:18

Quick find code: 294-295-56-63942743 Back to Top