Forums

MCM - Live Event This Weekend!

Quick find code: 294-295-5-63743306

ImStonedATM
May Member 2023

ImStonedATM

Posts: 1,542 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm very disappointed that Jagex is hosting yet another event in the UK. I understand that they are a British company with lots of British players, but they have an equally large player base in the U.S. It would take a lot of effort to set up an event in the U.*, but it would take lots of effort to set up an event anywhere. I know that quite a few of the Jagex Mods came to the U.S. for some fun in Las Vegas, and it would have been nice if maybe while they were on this side of the world they could have hosted an event here. I would gladly travel five hundred miles to attend an event, but purchasing a $3000 plane ticket is sadly out of the question for me and lots of other players. I hope that they consider someday hosting an event somewhere that some of their other players could attend. I've been a huge fan of Jagex for the longest time, and would love to meet some of the game developers that I've idolized for ten years.

23-May-2012 15:40:46

Mod Poppy

Mod Poppy

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hello Mrs Ourobori.
We didn't actually set up this event - we're simply attending as one of the many exhibitors.
As another player on this thread mentioned, it IS much easier for us to attend events in the UK, as we're based in that country.
Hope this explains things. :)
~ Mod Poppy

23-May-2012 18:41:19

Match Fire

Match Fire

Posts: 3,182 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Like Poppy said, This isn't Jagex's event they are simply attending. :P $3000 is indeed a lot to pay.

;)
----Player Support Appreciation---- *Show your Appreciation!*
Quick find code: 181-182-875-63733544
¸.-*-¯-*-.¸.-(Wiki Says)-.¸.-*-¯-*-.¸
¨-._.-_-.¸-¨-(Info Guru ;) )-¨-¸.-_-._.-¨

23-May-2012 20:53:49

Vand

Vand

Posts: 14,991 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The event as a whole is great deal of fun from what I heard of past experiences, so hopefully everyone that attends has plenty of fun all-around ^_^ .
I won't be in attendance myself, unfortunately, but a friend will be and should be able to tell me all about the fun that took place. It should be great fun for myself as well watching RuneCast covering a fair bit of the event.
As for the winners, a hearty congratulations to you folks that won a pair of tickets!
Just your friendly neighborhood team player.

24-May-2012 02:50:04

Mr Bug v2

Mr Bug v2

Posts: 666 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Its not the fact that its a Uk event that makes me mad its the fact that the packages that they were talking about that are available at the stands are not available to the people who do not live in the Uk. Meaning you favor people who live in the Uk. I would really like to buy one of the packages.

24-May-2012 20:49:55

Quick find code: 294-295-5-63743306 Back to Top