Forums

Choose Your Fate!

Quick find code: 294-295-45-63904565

Mod Drebin

Mod Drebin

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Last week we announced the launch of our exciting Sizzling Summer event. Every day over the course of August and September, RuneScape members will receive a host of summer goodies, including a total of over 1 million XP, plus 91 additional bonus spins on the Squeal of Fortune. Add to this nine new customisation items, including a five-piece Tropical Islander outfit. All in all this totals up to a value of over $45!
Throughout the weekends in August and September, there will be a whole host of community events, and Yelps and Solomon will help celebrate Sizzling Summer on the Squeal of Fortune and the General Store.
If that wasn’t enough to get your summer juices flowing, today we announce the sizzling finale: Choose Your Fate !
Choose Your Fate is a selection of four of the most powerful rewards ever seen in RuneScape. Members for the entire Sizzling Summer (1st August GMT until 30th September GMT) will be able to choose a total of four of following rewards:

• Dodging death – This nifty reward lets you come back from the dead and re-spawn with all your gear still intact and life points fully charged.
  • Emergency healing box – On your last legs? Don’t worry! Anyone who consumes the healing box will be healed instantly and restored to maximum life points. Better still, become a life-saver and use your healing box on your friend or clan member to heal them instead!
  • Instakill dart – You're fighting for your life in the God Wars Dungeon: your health is low, and you've chugged your last Saradomin brew, but your foe isn't letting up. The answer is here. The instakill dart will kill whatever target you face with one almighty hit!
  • Remote deposit box – Stuck in the middle of nowhere and need to empty your backpack quickly? Use your remote deposit box and - voila! - for 5 minutes, any player can use the deposit box to send items back to their bank.

Choose wisely - these items can only be used once and will expire on 31st December 2012.
The only way to get your hands on these elite items is by being a member for the whole of August and September.
These items will never be available through Solomon’s General Store or the Squeal of Fortune and will be non-tradable. With the exception of the remote deposit box, they cannot be used during PvP.
Which items will you choose? One of each item, a mix, or four of the same one? The choice is yours!
Make sure you don’t miss out on the million XP, bonus spins, awesome outfits and Choose your Fate rewards by becoming a member now!
The RuneScape Team

Check out our full FAQ here:
Summer Sizzler FAQ

25-Jul-2012 17:09:57 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2012 10:47:22 by Mod William

Rufus010
Dec Member 2020

Rufus010

Posts: 364 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
EDIT: Can we please get a better FAQ's? it's very,very vague and answers little to no questions asked here. :)
So, we get all four (or 4 of 1? if we so choose?). Some more useful than others.
Looks like i guessed right, to a certain degree.
I am however stumped at why there is an expire date on these? (Would a jmod care to follow up?)
*wonders if instakill dart works on anything* or if that reference to the GWD is in actuality the only place we may use it.
I have to say, I'm disappointed that these are what all the speculation and guessing was for.
Don't confuse disappointment with ungratefulness though...
These are handy aids in the game, but the expire date makes them a forced item, me no like. lol

25-Jul-2012 17:11:18 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2012 19:02:31 by Rufus010

Aparlo
Apr Member 2007

Aparlo

Posts: 4,892 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cool =D.
Instakill dart – You're fighting for your life in the God Wars Dungeon: your health is low, and you've chugged your last Saradomin brew, but your foe isn't letting up. The answer is here. The instakill dart will kill whatever target you face with one almighty hit!
I will take this i think =D.
....................¸•*ˆˆ*•›,¸¸¸,‹•*ˆ†ˆ*•›,¸¸¸,‹•*ˆˆ*•¸....................
¸•*ˆˆ*•›,¸¸,‹ˆ.....................'Aparlo'.....................ˆ›,¸¸,‹•*ˆˆ*•¸
ˆ›„¸¸¸„«¤^º°°*•¸..........Zer0 Pvm Member..........¸•*°°º^¤»„¸¸¸„‹ˆ
........................ˆ›,,¸¸¸,,«¤^º°ˆ¨ˆ°º^¤»,,¸¸¸,,‹ˆ........................
`'°•.,¸ ¸¸,.•°'´`'°•.,¸

Aparlo
-
Clan Europe

¸¸,.•°'´´'°•.,¸¸¸¸¸¸,.•

25-Jul-2012 17:12:08 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2012 17:57:11 by Aparlo

Mod Drebin

Mod Drebin

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
We've got a full FAQ with more details coming very soon (hopefully later today), so hold tight whilst we put the final touches to it. :)
Mod Drebin
RuneScape Community Team

25-Jul-2012 17:14:33

Iced Earth
Feb Member 2009

Iced Earth

Posts: 3,773 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi J-Mods, I have a question for you regarding the insta-kill darts.
Will these work on anything (except PVP, I would of thought this doesn't work in PVP unless i'm wrong). Im planning to kill Nomad with them.
Thanks for your time,
D4wn Gu4rd.
EDIT: If you could put this in the FAQ that would be very helpful. Thanks :)
Iced Earth \m/
Clan Leader for Destined Few

25-Jul-2012 17:14:58 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2012 17:15:38 by Iced Earth

Moe Is 4210

Moe Is 4210

Forum Moderator Posts: 31,106 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Instakill dart – You're fighting for your life in the God Wars Dungeon: your health is low, and you've chugged your last Saradomin brew, but your foe isn't letting up. The answer is here. The instakill dart will kill whatever target you face with one almighty hit!"
Do the right thing, please...
*awaits FAQ*

25-Jul-2012 17:15:36 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2012 17:15:56 by Moe Is 4210

Moe Is 4210

Moe Is 4210

Forum Moderator Posts: 31,106 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If it has the ability to one-hit-KO any monster in RuneScape (bosses included), people will simply stock up 4 darts and go kill Nex (provided they can get there).
This does not include quest bosses (such as Nomad), fight kiln, etc. As those are one-time bosses, most will only use one dart.
It means there are people defeating bosses that aren't supposed to be beaten. It means items being dropped that shouldn't have been dropped at such a rate. Call me an 'elitist' on the subject but quests to me have always been about the *destination* and the *story*. Doing Nomad's Requiem is not the same without defeating Nomad.
Even if 1,000 people use *4* darts on Nex, that's 4,000 nex kills. The drop rate for a nex item is around 1/30 (and less with a Ring of Wealth), and thus there will be nex equipment dropped, further fluctuating and unstabalizing their prices.
If this is limited to something like, monster needs to have 20% lifepoints remaining, or it only works on certain bosses, then I'm cool with that.

25-Jul-2012 17:20:36 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2012 17:21:05 by Moe Is 4210

Temp-13

Temp-13

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm just wondering if I would get all the expected experience with the darts. Let's say I decide to wander into GWD and 1 shot a god my choice 4 times, will I get all of the combat xp I would get if I would have if I killed it normally?

25-Jul-2012 17:23:29 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2012 17:26:35 by Temp-13

Quick find code: 294-295-45-63904565 Back to Top