Forums

Chronicle: Open Beta - Live! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 294-295-344-65768639

Mod Robbie

Mod Robbie

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

A new RuneScape adventure awaits you in the open beta of Chronicle: RuneScape Legends which is now live.

Go to the official website to download the game and begin playing .

Experience Gielinor in a brand new way by taking on the challenge of our free-to-play strategy card game. Launch into PvP card battles like no other, where every match is a quest for you and your opponent to craft. With cards representing allies, enemies, equipment and more:

chroniclecard1 chroniclecard2 chroniclecard3

chroniclecard4 chroniclecard5 chroniclecard6

Play as and battle against your favourite RuneScape characters. Fight through the famous sights of Gielinor like the Wizards' Tower, Morytania and the Grand Exchange. Collect, create and customise unbeatable decks from hundreds of iconic items, monsters, friends and foes. We simply cannot wait for you to get started!

The open beta is your chance to help make Chronicle as strong as possible. We can’t wait for you to get in game and share your feedback with us.

What’s new in the Open Beta?

As well as all previous content, the open beta version also brings plenty of new surprises:

• New Legends : Vanescula joins Ozan, Ariane, Linza and The Raptor as a playable Legend

• Dungeoneering : a new mode featuring draft decks, PvP challenges and rich rewards

• Progression : earn XP from every card you play and Legend you defeat

• Skilling : complete skilling challenges and reap the rewards like in RuneScape

• Customisation : show off your style with Legend skins and skilling-themed titles

• New Locations : the Wilderness and the Barrows are open for your adventures

• Better Game Performance : the game will run more smoothly than ever before – and look better to boot

For more information on Chronicle and to get involved in the discussion, stay tuned to the blog , forums , Twitch , Reddit and Twitter for all the latest news.

It’s up to you to help us write this exciting next chapter in Chronicle – are you ready?

PLAY CHRONICLE NOW

The RuneScape Team

23-Mar-2016 13:19:51 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2016 13:23:20 by Mod Robbie

Alpha Trion

Alpha Trion

Posts: 2,483 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Even if I did like this game, I'm afraid to devote time to it.

I remember what happened to:

Transformers Universe

Darkscape

and Deadman Mode (seasonal play).

Do players even realize what 'seasonal play' means? I'm sure they will enjoy having their character progress wiped out. Players don't seem to talk about it much, so maybe they don't understand what will happen.

I don't like playing games for months and months, just to have my progress DELETED. That's not fun for me.

23-Mar-2016 14:08:58 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2016 14:09:42 by Alpha Trion

squiddozzz
Apr Member 2023

squiddozzz

Posts: 1,267 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alpha Trion said :
Even if I did like this game, I'm afraid to devote time to it.

I remember what happened to:

Transformers Universe

Darkscape

and Deadman Mode (seasonal play).

Do players even realize what 'seasonal play' means? I'm sure they will enjoy having their character progress wiped out. Players don't seem to talk about it much, so maybe they don't understand what will happen.

I don't like playing games for months and months, just to have my progress DELETED. That's not fun for me.

But this is a card game those are popular the things you mentioned not.
Main: Imp IVIidna.

23-Mar-2016 14:20:42 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2016 14:34:31 by squiddozzz

Pox

Pox

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whatever the nay-sayers offer as knee-jerk response, I've gotta add my voice in support of this - it's really surprised me just how true those opening statements are:

It might be marketing-speak, but it really is a unique game... I love the touches like the fact that you can see the opposing character in huge form looming over the table as you play, and the fact that it walks you through a physical landscape, card-by-card, somehow makes a real difference to how involved you feel with the game (in stark contrast, for me, compared to THE OTHER ccg!).

23-Mar-2016 14:46:03

squiddozzz
Apr Member 2023

squiddozzz

Posts: 1,267 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pox said :
Whatever the nay-sayers offer as knee-jerk response, I've gotta add my voice in support of this - it's really surprised me just how true those opening statements are:

It might be marketing-speak, but it really is a unique game... I love the touches like the fact that you can see the opposing character in huge form looming over the table as you play, and the fact that it walks you through a physical landscape, card-by-card, somehow makes a real difference to how involved you feel with the game (in stark contrast, for me, compared to THE OTHER ccg!).

This! It's a great game it just needs a single player component like a special campaign that would be cool.

I really hope they add this game to tablets and mobile later because card games can get huge on those platfoms and it would be a free advertise for the runescape brand.

Also can't wait for the idle adventures this game and that would be so good on mobile while you afk on rs!

I'm glad they are finally expanding the RS brand it really needs it you eveb may gain new players thanks to Chronicle and idle adventures!
Main: Imp IVIidna.

23-Mar-2016 14:58:40

Scaper Maji
Apr Member 2009

Scaper Maji

Posts: 1,003 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a really great game, I have to admit! It's got a unique concept that makes the game well balanced, constantly tense, and interesting to play at all times.

My only qualm thus far is that it seems slightly too difficult to grind for new cards. The coin rewards from winning games is no better than losing them, and it takes a while to grind for new cards. It should be a fairly moderate process rather than a slow crawl, maybe enough to earn one or two card packs in a day.
I AM THE ARCHMAGE!!!

23-Mar-2016 15:11:45

Kylescorpion
Dec Member 2020

Kylescorpion

Posts: 5,269 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
squiddozzz said :
Pox said :

This! It's a great game it just needs a single player component like a special campaign that would be cool.

I really hope they add this game to tablets and mobile later because card games can get huge on those platfoms and it would be a free advertise for the runescape brand.

Also can't wait for the idle adventures this game and that would be so good on mobile while you afk on rs!

I'm glad they are finally expanding the RS brand it really needs it you eveb may gain new players thanks to Chronicle and idle adventures!

Campaign mode is going to be made! It will be out in the future.

I've been playing this game since November for closed beta and honestly this game is so fun and different then any card game out there. I suggest you at least give it a chance and you won't be disappointed.

23-Mar-2016 15:18:47

Quick find code: 294-295-344-65768639 Back to Top