Forums

Chronicle: Open Beta - Live! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 294-295-344-65768639

Mauhur
Jun Member 2023

Mauhur

Posts: 861 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alpha Trion said :
Even if I did like this game, I'm afraid to devote time to it.

I remember what happened to:

Transformers Universe

Darkscape

and Deadman Mode (seasonal play).

Do players even realize what 'seasonal play' means? I'm sure they will enjoy having their character progress wiped out. Players don't seem to talk about it much, so maybe they don't understand what will happen.

I don't like playing games for months and months, just to have my progress DELETED. That's not fun for me.

I understand your qualms about this. Don't forget Jagex's failure with 8Realms and War of Legends.

However, Chronicle has real potential. It isn't your typical pvp card game because for the most part you play cards against yourself. For those who didn't play the closed beta you need not worry about a stat wipe. A wipe was applied to the closed beta, but none will be applied to the open beta. In fact, once the open beta ends the game will be fully open with your progress intact.

If you have any concerns just test the game out and offer your feedback on the RS Chronicle forums. Assuming Jagex badly wants this game to succeed they will have to iron out the flaws to make this acceptable for a full release.

23-Mar-2016 16:30:27 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2016 16:31:03 by Mauhur

Socker

Socker

Posts: 313 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll just chime in and say that I've been playing since the start of the closed beta, and it really is a fun game. As others have said, it's very different than other card games as you fight against your own cards. I'd suggest to everyone to at least try the tutorial and play a few games.

23-Mar-2016 17:43:29

The contents of this message have been hidden.

23-Mar-2016 21:01:27

bledfordays

bledfordays

Posts: 219 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I get the fact that you essentially are moving pawns... but to me it feels and looks weird during the fight scenes watching a pawn just bump back and forth with minimal animation..

23-Mar-2016 21:14:20 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2016 21:21:50 by bledfordays

RIP PEPSI

RIP PEPSI

Posts: 2,637 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alpha Trion said :
Even if I did like this game, I'm afraid to devote time to it.

I remember what happened to:

Transformers Universe

Darkscape

and Deadman Mode (seasonal play).
It's a large step considering stella dawn etc.
Most Tejax kills on rs.
~Super Snugly

23-Mar-2016 23:47:01

Fosbinder

Fosbinder

Posts: 6,478 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kylescorpion said :
squiddozzz said :
Pox said :
Whatever the nay-sayers offer as knee-jerk response, I've gotta add my voice in support of this - it's really surprised me just how true those opening statements are:

It might be marketing-speak, but it really is a unique game... I love the touches like the fact that you can see the opposing character in huge form looming over the table as you play, and the fact that it walks you through a physical landscape, card-by-card, somehow makes a real difference to how involved you feel with the game (in stark contrast, for me, compared to THE OTHER ccg!).

This! It's a great game it just needs a single player component like a special campaign that would be cool.

I really hope they add this game to tablets and mobile later because card games can get huge on those platfoms and it would be a free advertise for the runescape brand.

Also can't wait for the idle adventures this game and that would be so good on mobile while you afk on rs!

I'm glad they are finally expanding the RS brand it really needs it you eveb may gain new players thanks to Chronicle and idle adventures!

Campaign mode is going to be made! It will be out in the future.

I've been playing this game since November for closed beta and honestly this game is so fun and different then any card game out there. I suggest you at least give it a chance and you won't be disappointed.

Thank Guthix!! This game is just to unique to jump into pvp right away for me and practice mode is just lame ..

24-Mar-2016 06:54:10

Green Mage
Aug Member 2021

Green Mage

Posts: 1,361 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have played it since closed beta, and I have to say this game is brilliant! I hope they make it for the App Store, as that will make it even more popular and easier to play with Rs! Finally jagex is expanding smarter.

Unfortuantly card games do not make for good trailers haha. If I only just saw that trailer without having played chronicle first, I would probably not even get interested.
´¨)
¸.
´
(¸.
* Green Mage ;) ~ Bringing the GREEN to Runescape since 2010

24-Mar-2016 07:17:22 - Last edited on 24-Mar-2016 07:20:01 by Green Mage

Quick find code: 294-295-344-65768639 Back to Top