Forums

Chronicle: Open Beta - Live! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 294-295-344-65768639

GuardDefend
Dec Member 2023

GuardDefend

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Runescape has always been a huge part of my life so I'm always excited to see new Runescape things, not to mention a new game! I've been playing for just over 2 years and also am currently a member of the Runescape wiki and the respective clan. I genuinely have high hoped for Chronicles and hope it can become a valuable addition to my pastime activities. * . . . . . . .-*_________________
Genghis Kahn
________________ *-. . . . . . . *
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . .... . . . . . . . . . ... . ... . ...

24-Mar-2016 07:25:49

Sufem
Jan Member 2016

Sufem

Posts: 47 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Traphouse X said :
Looks like a Hearthstone rip-off. Can you please just stop taking things from other companies and be the old unique RuneScape that was not similiar to any other MMO in any way back in the good old times?

Bro, do you even Magic the Gathering ? While speaking about original ideas took by game you pick as primal-type example.

Point here is to make card game with different mechanics, other than "similar" ones. So pretty please if you could be WinterStormCompany fan-boy somewhere else.

24-Mar-2016 15:32:00

Wallsh2

Wallsh2

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have been playing card games for a long time, I have gone to many tournaments for magic the gathering and have had alot of fun playing them. I have also played D&D every so often with friends, and honestly this game feels like a beautiful fusion of the two! I played blizzards game and it was very bland and boring, it copies alot of another FAMOUS and better card game terminology such as "control". That game has 2 real strategies, play slow or play fast; there is no effecting your enemy on their turn.
This game however, has alot of things experienced card players want to see! There are many strategies and play styles. You can be a "burn" player and focus on damaging your enemy constantly to try and end him quickly, or maybe you want to play your hero; build your armor and damage and survive the gauntlet of 5 chapters and kill them at the end! There are of course so many more strategies and you can mix and match them how you choose, this game has a very fluid and quick feel without the casual side effects.

What do I mean by casual side effects? I mean that the game has alot of interesting interactions and makes it alot more complex than, I play a card or 2, attack cast or do nothing; your turn. This game is fast pace fun and intricate, my only fear is Jagex is known for lack of advertising and abandoning projects as soon as they start going south. I have alot of faith in this game and if balanced and updated properly I could see it played at a high level and very popular, Jagex don't give up on this!

thank you for your time,

Wallsh

24-Mar-2016 23:22:28 - Last edited on 24-Mar-2016 23:29:50 by Wallsh2

Derek Booker

Derek Booker

Posts: 7,124 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I couldent log in with my existing account

im not gona bother making a new one just to try another one of jag"ex" games.expesialy when they all crash and burn

when this one fails can you add it to runescape as a minigame?a game within a game ^_^
oh romeo romeo,wherefore art thou romeo! deny thy jagex and refuse thy ban!
hark! what brick throu yander window breaks! it is the jagex! and juliet is the shards :-(

25-Mar-2016 05:35:09

Jake Takeda

Jake Takeda

Posts: 222 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Profiled
When i was young i didn't educated to be rich, i educated to be happy, so when i grow up i knew the value of things, not the price
/ Always open for everyone, PM me if u need help. / FC : Jake Takeda /
Active Helper Since 2006

25-Mar-2016 13:20:15

Quick find code: 294-295-344-65768639 Back to Top