Forums

Social Slayer & More!

Quick find code: 294-295-31-63868932

Blatant bot
Oct Member 2023

Blatant bot

Posts: 53 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When your slayer partner logs out, they are no longer part of your group. Why is this? I just did an entire slayer task with my friend, only to realize that we weren't in a group because I logged out after I got the task! I'm pretty upset. We were doing it for quite a while...

11-Jul-2012 20:03:14

Vasto Zaraki

Vasto Zaraki

Posts: 4,474 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
----Start Rant----
So I can team up with another person to do slayer and get half the slayer experience and by the same token half the drops, in some cases less than half depending on my statistics and bank to afford the gear to kill things. What's my motivation here? A pet.... honestly take a page from your own book with the combat beta jagex and beta test this stuff before you release it.
Who at Jagex looked at this and said omg this a great idea, whoever it is please walk up to them and slap them for me - thank you in advance. If you want to make socializing a staple in the game make it into a skill and I will talk the penguins out of you. I can just as easily talk to someone who is on the same task as me without having to team up with them.
Now when I get a task I have to deal with overcrowding because lonely people want to bring friends who would otherwise not be doing slayer into the area of my assignment, thus slowing down my kills which in turn slows my experience rate, which is a very big deal.
----End Rant----
----Start Constructive Criticism----
Here are a few points to list on possible improvements (although I would much rather see social slayer removed)
-Co-op only dungeons with unique co-op creatures (a "possible" extension to this would be that co-op must be done in these dungeons and not the rest of the game)
-Overhaul / Upgrade slayer points reward shop (both regular and co-op / co-op just came out and it already needs improving...) with more and preferably better stuff
-Co-op points earned similar to regular points (being different depending on the master in which the task is taken from)
-Give double the amount of creatures for a co-op task
-Allow coinshare and lootshare to be used on a co-op task regardless of location or world.
----End Constructive Criticism----
Have a nice day!
~Vasto

11-Jul-2012 20:33:05

Ronon Dex

Ronon Dex

Posts: 101 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The update looks great, especially social slayer looks like a lot of fun!
However, I do have a small remark: I noticed that the Runescape client screen now has a new bar with navigation keys on the website even on fullscreen. Personally, I never use these keys, and neither does the a decent number of the people I've spoken to. Could you please remove this bar, or at least give players the option to hide it if they wish to? Especially in full screen, this bar is just as useless as the advertisement bar in F2P for those who never use it.

11-Jul-2012 20:33:19

[#DFT5DPK4I]

[#DFT5DPK4I]

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is there something I'm missing..? I just tried inviting a fellow slayer at my Kurask task. And it gave me the message that he needs to finish his current task before he can join my group, he checked and does have Kurasks aswell. I dont get it!

11-Jul-2012 21:03:44

Quick find code: 294-295-31-63868932 Back to Top