Forums

Social Slayer & More!

Quick find code: 294-295-31-63868932

9x Law

9x Law

Posts: 1,362 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great updates, I am glad that this time I can slay together with people instead hoping that someone is there around with the same task.
But if you are in a social friends chat then you will still have a nice chat, only it won't feel like they are close to you.

11-Jul-2012 18:19:31

Twinpeaks2

Twinpeaks2

Posts: 430 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree that getting rid of the bots (what happened to botnuke!) is a priority. I feel sorry for those still working for a slayer cape.
Second, I totally agree that no xp is given for your partners kills. I worked my butt off for a long time for my slayer cape and would be completely outraged if others could get their capes in half the time it took me.
The slayer cape is the one cape of real value because no one can use a bot to get it. The other capes are really iffy because a bot program allows too many players to get their capes without doing the work.
Is there any other skill that cannot be botted for the cape? If so, please correct me!
Until jagex gets rid of bots, skill capes are, in general, meaningless.

11-Jul-2012 18:36:35

Vetramont

Vetramont

Posts: 424 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ImOldGreg, you realize that people don't start out training slayer with a slayer helm, right?
If you had said, add another combine function between the helm and the gem, I could agree with that, but asserting to get rid of the gem altogether is stupid.

11-Jul-2012 19:10:40 - Last edited on 11-Jul-2012 19:11:12 by Vetramont

TheCrackFoox

TheCrackFoox

Posts: 685 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
sorry I'm almost 99 slayer, I haven't used the gem in forever. Don't really remember not having a slayer helm. I also think people are missing the point of this update. This is to make slayer more appealing to social players. It is not a way to speed up slayer. There are also no bots when I do slayer. Almost every task assigned by kuradel is done in a secluded area alone, I have never once even suspected someone of boting while doing slayer. Of course I imagine if I killed black demons or blue dragons in the Member's dung I would see some but really if your trying to do slayer there and cant be bothered to gain access to the faster and empty areas your just lazy.

11-Jul-2012 19:18:32

Quick find code: 294-295-31-63868932 Back to Top