Forums

Social Slayer & More!

Quick find code: 294-295-31-63868932

Not Even

Not Even

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yuk.
This is a "please don't quit" update. It basically kicks the can down the road on a real bot nuke update, in an attempt to make slayer somewhat "doable", even with tons of bots out there, so you can try to get thru an assignment with another frustrated veteran staring at all the white dots that are smothering your minimap.
The updates to the slayer rewards are just lipstick and perfume in an attempt to make you think that kissing the pig is cool, and further deceive you into thinking this is a good update.
What's really needed is to eliminate the bots, and this entire update would be unnecessary. The idea looks cool on the surface, but if you think about it, it's really just a cover-up for an underlying problem that they are unable or unwilling to fix properly. Training slayer solo, without bots, was and would be so much faster than this, cuz staying "out there" is what gets you the xp, not completing them in half the count and time. If you want to socialize while training slayer... well, I thought that's what friend/clan chat was for.
Disappointing. :(

11-Jul-2012 17:25:38

whiteskull
Feb Member 2020

whiteskull

Posts: 380 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Slayer points at the end of the task should be 2/3rds each. Not half. Otherwise there is no point in duoing with a friend if the exp and the points are the same pace.
Nobody wants to run around more than they should for the same reward.
But not an outrageous amount extra.. just another 3rd of the points.

11-Jul-2012 17:26:35

Heero Yuy

Heero Yuy

Posts: 1,160 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Regarding the Gielinor Games, what if I'm a mining pure and I don't want smithing, cooking or construction exp for now? Does this mean that I can't complete the event? I think this might be the first time that an event rewards you with exp.

11-Jul-2012 17:28:32

Got Kielbasa

Got Kielbasa

Posts: 138 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agreed w/ montrose on pg. 7..
get rid of the damn bots first, then we won't need to have to do tasks twice as fast.
What's the point in doing twice the tasks without more exp? That's more time spent going place to place. And "social"? we have FCs and CCs for that.

11-Jul-2012 17:41:01

Cbviking

Cbviking

Posts: 87 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
there appears to be a major problem with the Gielinor game tasks. I received no xp for the tasks. The article specifically said we would get xp for doing them.
"You'll earn plenty of Smithing, Mining, Cooking, and Construction XP (for members) for helping out...."
Please fix

11-Jul-2012 18:13:27

Quick find code: 294-295-31-63868932 Back to Top