Forums

MMG - Myths and Misconceptions

Quick find code: 294-295-309-65341957

Takiumi
Dec Member 2016

Takiumi

Posts: 109 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So if more than half the users exist in the US, when is Runefest coming to the US, I have a feeling it would be 3 times as big as it is in the UK. I know if it happened in the US, there would easily be me plus 8 or more of my close friends going. And I'm only one example.

28-Apr-2015 16:01:59

9th Doctor

9th Doctor

Posts: 7,061 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah, the the real life mirroring Runescape; the top 1% having more than a Billion GP though I don't think that is wholly accurate anymore since people can buy their wealth off other players. I am an old bot buster from many years ago with Mod Mat K & Mod Hulme and I have no problem with people 'selling' their gold ingame if they wish to buy some membership, just wish it was more representative of those who have never sold a bond before.

While I am not in the top 1% and never have been, (though I got close once) I am happy with my ingame riches, it is nice to have about 500M :)

The biggest problem is that money is flowing into the game all the time, nothing flows out which cheapens it...when are people going to lose their stuff when they die?
This year I gift to you 'Air from my lungs'! ~ The Doctor.

02-May-2015 11:57:14

Malloch
Oct Member 2023

Malloch

Posts: 464 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pre-bot nuke, we had 200k dodgy accounts getting into the game every day and botting until banned, at the time it would take several weeks and multiple player reports before being banned.
Last year, there was an average of 50k players online. This year, it's around 80k or so. I suspect that there maybe more than 30k bots in the game.

Finally in September 2013 we began focusing on wiping out Gold Farmers, by introducing Bonds. This, along with constant updating of BotWatch, has kept *dodgy activity* at record low levels, in fact rock bottom in the main game.
Scripters have updated their code and now your BotWatch is useless. Thanks for giving up on it!

We absolutely smashed that with bot nuke in 2011 – 95% disappeared overnight. Bot developers adapted though and within a year they were back up to their old volumes.
Well, at least half of the 95% that disappeared appear to be back now. Congrats again on letting them slip through the cracks.

Happily, the volume of bots and gold farmers is lower than ever however we are not complacent and with the success on the main game we are now working on extending our focus to Old School RuneScape.
You are complacent! Why do you think they are flooding the game and ruining the economy like it was before the nuke in 2011. You also took your foot off of the gas and made Old School Runescape the priority instead of RS3!

Mod MMG hated bots and since his departure, this game is turning back into its old self again. GET IT TOGETHER and UPDATE YOUR BOTWATCH CODE!

07-May-2015 05:15:05

iAmKoto
Jul Member 2016

iAmKoto

Posts: 1,022 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Malloch said :
Pre-bot nuke, we had 200k dodgy accounts getting into the game every day and botting until banned, at the time it would take several weeks and multiple player reports before being banned.
Last year, there was an average of 50k players online. This year, it's around 80k or so. I suspect that there maybe more than 30k bots in the game.

Finally in September 2013 we began focusing on wiping out Gold Farmers, by introducing Bonds. This, along with constant updating of BotWatch, has kept *dodgy activity* at record low levels, in fact rock bottom in the main game.
Scripters have updated their code and now your BotWatch is useless. Thanks for giving up on it!

We absolutely smashed that with bot nuke in 2011 – 95% disappeared overnight. Bot developers adapted though and within a year they were back up to their old volumes.
Well, at least half of the 95% that disappeared appear to be back now. Congrats again on letting them slip through the cracks.

Happily, the volume of bots and gold farmers is lower than ever however we are not complacent and with the success on the main game we are now working on extending our focus to Old School RuneScape.
You are complacent! Why do you think they are flooding the game and ruining the economy like it was before the nuke in 2011. You also took your foot off of the gas and made Old School Runescape the priority instead of RS3!

Mod MMG hated bots and since his departure, this game is turning back into its old self again. GET IT TOGETHER and UPDATE YOUR BOTWATCH CODE!

so much crap in one single post :(

ps: refering to the yelow notes :D

23-May-2015 05:01:06 - Last edited on 23-May-2015 05:01:27 by iAmKoto

Anti_RS
Jul Member 2011

Anti_RS

Posts: 450 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Malloch said :

Cos Jacmob left and he knew the nooks and crannies. Highly likely there is no-one qualified to update it to the level required. Like I say to people, nerdy geeky programmers will ALWAYS find a way around Anti botting measures ESPECIALLY if there is a lot of money to be made from it, a great influencer and motivator I tell ya ;)

26-May-2015 18:14:54

Quick find code: 294-295-309-65341957 Back to Top