Forums

Divination

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014

PedroTheWolf

PedroTheWolf

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
No, he said it's runespan re-skinned. But not explanation as to why. People say it is runespan, but not one can given an answer when asked to explain why.

I know you've seen the explanation already but if you watch the first Divination preview video, at 1:24, Mod Mark plainly says that Divination is a cross between the Runespan and other gather skills.

True, but it´s a bit way too much Runespan. What I want to say is that when Hunter came out, it was something new, it brought all kinds of animals. Woodcutting is all kinds of trees, mining is all kinds of ores, Construction is all kinds of furniture. But Divination? Sucking energy from some flying balls of light that look totally like each other and then throwing the energy to a hole in the ground, whole 99 levels, whole 13m exp. There is less variety than in Runespan, really.

20-Aug-2013 18:13:00

gay arse

gay arse

Posts: 237 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Those autobanking things will be great for doing daily challenges. I may even be able to sell my stacks of gold/cave fish/yews/rocktails etc. that I keep since I normally drop what I gather and turn in what I have in my bank.

Orrrrrrrrrrrr, selling/buying to Pikkupstix and getting bulk Summoning xp without having to make pouches into scrolls and losing insane gp/h hahah wooooo

20-Aug-2013 18:17:01

Ellemefayo

Ellemefayo

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll keep this short, since it looks like it's already been said - I just want to 'cast my lot'.

I like divination, I can see lots of potential for it. Though some changes need to be made:

Divination on its own doesn't seem like anything special. I know it's supposed to be linked with this other new skill coming out next year....so that had better be really, really good.

It does look an awful lot like runespan that's been moved up on the main world surface.

The wisps all look identical at all levels, and the training method is the same at all levels. Seems quite lazy to me. I hope there are alternative training methods introduced very quickly.

20-Aug-2013 18:21:12 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2013 18:26:32 by Ellemefayo

Jack Rune

Jack Rune

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi mod Ana I do not know you will read this message but I'll say maybe not even then know I already said

After leveling divination discovered an error that is happening with this new skill

When we use quick chat, he invez talking lvl of divination, says lvl agility

So I wanted to say that if they can fix the error thanks as there are people, who are fooling others with this failure

Also wanted to report the error of daily adventures

bye

20-Aug-2013 18:37:15

gay arse

gay arse

Posts: 237 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now that you're done with this rubbish skill can we please get some high quality content aka Branches of Darkmeyer sequel?

oh poor sweetheart. guarantee no matter what they did you'd have had a cry about it. enjoy the immensity of effort that goes into this game and stop complaining for the sake of it

20-Aug-2013 18:46:32 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2013 18:56:21 by gay arse

Dane Raven
Sep Member 2023

Dane Raven

Posts: 278 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Congratulations Jagex on this new skill.
I only had about 90 minutes to play before work this morning but I am looking forward to the next episode of Rs. Cannot wait to be a lvl 99 deviner!
To everyone who is discontented by this update:
1. This update is absolutely gorgeous. By far a success in that way.
2. All gathering skills are slow to some extent and take much effort to accomplish high levels in. This is to be expected as they are not designed for the fast and furious players but for the consistent player.
3. The runescape economy is very complex and easily becomes unstable. When construction and summoning came out, they were designed to lower the natural inflation of the runescape's gold pieces. I am not surprised that they haven't focused on cash generation with this skill.
4. Finally, please remember that there is more future content. Quest and mini games will unlock many a skill enhancer and possibly even open up options for fishing location or other things.

Jagex has only just pulled back the veil on the first few steps. They definitely can and will provide improvements and other skilling options. Can't wait for the complimentary skill. Deviners - let's get that cape. ;)
Baby boi da prince

20-Aug-2013 18:56:50

Quick find code: 294-295-277-65141014 Back to Top