Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

Corruptchipi

Corruptchipi

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not too angry maybe a little bummed out here but I think they need to take out some of the NPC's in the battle for lumbridge to take some of the lagg out cause I've got the got my graphics set to min and my routers been rest and I still get horrible lagg

29-Aug-2013 03:27:47

Redx4
Dec Member 2015

Redx4

Posts: 1,777 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I see what you're doing here. Your pushing it back another week so everyone who would get points for september doesn't get retroactive points, thus giving your greedy little palms less points to be put towards that awful microtransaction store you call "SOLOMANS STORE." Seriously millions of points? its called a simple program to calculate time in loyalty store * points. youve been doing it for 2 years, are you seriously that incapable of producing quality updates anymore? Don't you at jagex dare say divination was a quality update by adding a skill that can be barely considered more than a mindless minigame skill.

29-Aug-2013 03:39:44

Lil Red 101
Aug Member 2021

Lil Red 101

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anyone else get the "We are improving the Loyalty Store! To prepare, it will be closed from 16/08 - 27/08. Please visit the RuneScape website to learn more." message when signing in today?

I don't know much about code or how they put those messages in the game, but that's probably something I would have changed once they took down the banner from the front page.

But THANKS for the update with more info about the delay, I would love to hear more about it though, so players could understand why it needs to be delayed so long for the fixes?

I'm also hoping that the week they say has bonus time for extra testing, and not the minimum time they think it'll take to fix.

Side note: My current slayer assignment is Forum Trolls, so if you're here just to bash, watch out ;)

29-Aug-2013 03:43:43 - Last edited on 29-Aug-2013 04:59:55 by Lil Red 101

Northrunner
Apr Member 2023

Northrunner

Posts: 107 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can understand having to wait a day or two, I have no problem with that, your product shouldn't be full of bugs.. but a week of work.. come on Jagex, you should have been working on this update weeks, hell, months ago! If you're going to make a product make sure it's able to be published by the day of release.. You all should have been taught this in school.

~~~~*********
SUPPORT THE REBELS HERE!!!!!
*********~~~~

Zachinatorr

29-Aug-2013 04:10:54 - Last edited on 29-Aug-2013 04:18:02 by Northrunner

Darkmaster_b
Feb Member 2013

Darkmaster_b

Posts: 1,020 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex: Rushes stuff out the door with bugs.
Whiny portion of playerbase: WAAAAAA ITS BUGGY WORK ON IT WAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jagex: Sets optimistic release date because they think they have it done, but UNEXPECTED errors pop up. Rather than release a buggy version, they postpone it to hammer out the new bugs that no doubt occurred when trying to update the server before the reset.

Whiny portion of playerbase (Again) WAAAAAAAAAAA YOU SAID IT WOULD BE OUT ON X DATE, YOU SUCK, YOU FAIL, HOW DARE YOU TAKE EXTRA TIME TO MAKE SURE A LAUNCH IS HIGHER QUALITY.

Some of you can NEVER be satisfied. You complain just to complain! Bunch of whiny little babies. Get over yourselves.

29-Aug-2013 04:54:17

Luciernaga
Feb Member 2023

Luciernaga

Posts: 45 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i think if it is an issue that is going to take an extra full week to fix, they probably knew that yesterday. i dont really see the point of pushing back one day when you know you are going to need a week, unless you think that a one-week delay plus a one-day delay sounds better than one eight-day delay. thats what irks me.

29-Aug-2013 04:57:56

Lil Red 101
Aug Member 2021

Lil Red 101

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Jagex: Rushes stuff out the door with bugs.
Whiny portion of playerbase: WAAAAAA ITS BUGGY WORK ON IT WAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jagex: Sets optimistic release date because they think they have it done, but UNEXPECTED errors pop up. Rather than release a buggy version, they postpone it to hammer out the new bugs that no doubt occurred when trying to update the server before the reset.

Whiny portion of playerbase (Again) WAAAAAAAAAAA YOU SAID IT WOULD BE OUT ON X DATE, YOU SUCK, YOU FAIL, HOW DARE YOU TAKE EXTRA TIME TO MAKE SURE A LAUNCH IS HIGHER QUALITY.

Some of you can NEVER be satisfied. You complain just to complain! Bunch of whiny little babies. Get over yourselves.

No one EVER said "How dare you take extra time to make sure a launch is higher quality" seriously if you're going to try to quote some of the player base do it RIGHT.

It's been stated COUNTLESS times that EVERYONE wants it BUG FREE.

Did you read through all the pages and posts?

29-Aug-2013 05:02:34 - Last edited on 29-Aug-2013 05:04:37 by Lil Red 101

im v3ry wild

im v3ry wild

Posts: 68 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't understand why exactly they closed the shop in the first place anyways, they don't close Varrock for a week before they update the graphics? And why are they so date-specific on their releases in the first place? I remember when we were lucky to get an update a month and then we were getting updates every Monday for a while and now it's just kind of sporadic. They've just been very inconsistent. They definitely could be doing better but they could be doing worse...

29-Aug-2013 05:08:39

Lunaris
Mar Member 2023

Lunaris

Posts: 2,163 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What could you people have been possibly working on that was more important than a 4 month needed update. unless it was a quest this should not have happened. not cool jagex
|18 year Veteran | MAXED 12/10/15

29-Aug-2013 05:36:31

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top