Forums

Loyalty Store Delay - Update

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012

Jade Dragon
Dec Member 2022

Jade Dragon

Posts: 1,981 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
> Jagex releases buggy content

Players: OMG JAMFLEX TEST UR CONTENT WHY U RUSH

> Jagex takes their time

Players: OMG JAMFLEX I QUIT I BEEN PLAYINGSINCE 1989 BUT NO LONGER

^
I'm on YouTube - Search me at Littlejayberry . Or don't. Up to you.

29-Aug-2013 02:51:11

CharedFossil

CharedFossil

Posts: 867 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's also fun to rage, People are dumb and moronic by nature, and its natural to overreact, just don't get carried away.

Also I'm still waiting for jagex to fix the countless bugs I've reported.....Just saying.
A
burnt
Skeleton from day's gone by approaches you. What do you do? ;)

29-Aug-2013 02:55:02

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do think that Jagex should have communicated this better. While, I hope that Jagex sees this feedback and reflects upon it, I also think that some of the feedback on here from the players is quite interesting.

It seems whenever Jagex releases an update with bugs that isn't seen to be quite ready, players are upset. It also seems that when Jagex holds off an update to ensure it's ready, players are upset. Yes - Jagex should have communicated this better in advance, but at the same time it's important for people to realize that they wouldn't intentionally seek more rants from the players for kicks and giggles given all the heat they've received for controversial updates such as EOC in the past. The only reason Jagex would decide to hold off an update is if they know that it isn't ready, and I think that players should at least respect that they are ensuring that it is fully up to par upon release.

I do have to agree with some rants that folks are mentioning about the upset of this being a 'priority' (and also relating to microtransactions) when some other updates such as content has been delayed by far greater periods. I see that concern as valid negative feedback as it indicates the level of priority Jagex places on updates relating to microtransactions vs non microtransaction updates.
Forum Moderator

29-Aug-2013 02:57:45

Seveas
Jan Member 2020

Seveas

Posts: 304 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Especially because this involves either runecoins you paid for or loyalty points you collected from membership you paid for... the last thing you'd want is for a shop like this to bug out on you and eat your currency.

29-Aug-2013 03:06:00

cute af

cute af

Posts: 4,317 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wouldn't be as upset if you didn't put a banner with a specific date. I don't get why you would all the sudden run into a ton of bugs on the day of supposed release; it doesn't make sense. Why wasn't it tested earlier or why wasn't the banner taken down beforehand? That's just bad business; no company does that with a product or they lose customers. I suppose you don't care because you've already gotten our money and this makes you lose a bit. ;)
hey lol

29-Aug-2013 03:14:34

Jade Dragon
Dec Member 2022

Jade Dragon

Posts: 1,981 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If a bug happens and your currency is eaten, most you have to do is contact customer service and show your transaction number that they give you. Not hard to get the items back. Especially if you're nice. Also I agree with the Forum Mod, very valid points. I'm on YouTube - Search me at Littlejayberry . Or don't. Up to you.

29-Aug-2013 03:14:49

Legate

Legate

Posts: 558 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is really stupid. Now I can't even buy the existing Loyalty Store content I wanted until next week? Come on. We want you to playtest and it seems like you don't most of the time, but when something involving raking in real money is involved, you make sure to count every penny.

29-Aug-2013 03:17:02

Shogo Yahagi
Feb Member 2006

Shogo Yahagi

Posts: 855 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That was a very weak month of updates to begin with, and your excuse regarding points to count up and distribute is patently absurd. If the Loyalty Program is not an automated system and you actually have somebody counting up and distributing points, you're doing it wrong.

Remember when you said you doubled your development staff and how that was going to ensure that we got more and higher quality updates? Whatever happened with that?

Next week should be a double update week, or at the very least, there should be no weeks without an update next month. Surely, someone in the office had something in the pipeline for release next week. It would be quite disappointing if you were to try to foist off a batch of bug fixes on a delayed release as actual content for next month.

29-Aug-2013 03:22:20

Quick find code: 294-295-276-65141012 Back to Top