Forums

Super September is coming!

Quick find code: 294-295-275-65140882

Agentkeen

Agentkeen

Posts: 1,208 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
They should at least change it so the super challenges stay for a day or two, this literally means if there is A SINGLE DAY where you can't log in (and cannot compete on the highscores for whatever reason) you won't get the golden outfit. Seriously?

Agreed. Even with 'daily' challenges, I tend to save up a few and do them together.

Also, how is the 'leveling up a specific skill' going to work as one of these challenges? Cause, y'know, some people are maxed and thus can't level up skills, or are at a high enough level that it would be nigh-impossible to level up in one day....

So, it looks cool, but it better not be super ridiculous (I mean, the first one looks manageable; really, you just need to make a few portents and fight something that you know will damage you hard without caring if you die...)

Edit: Also, it might've been nice to wait until the last event was over, y'know, the game-changing BoL world event that sucks a fair amount of time out of every day? This would've been a lot better if it had started in October or November, or maybe during the dead period we had back in the beginning of the summer.

Anyhow, enough negative. It is nice seeing an event that requires more participation than just having membership to get some bonus xp and some new cosmetic items, and the new outfit looks pretty nice in the picture. It'd just be nice if there was a bit of consideration for people that can't spend too much time on a game to still have some chance at least.

30-Aug-2013 22:30:27 - Last edited on 30-Aug-2013 22:34:43 by Agentkeen

Scarab King

Scarab King

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Honestly people everyone is complaining about needing to log in once a day. Ok now for those on vacation i understand them tripping over it. But for those like I have school and I have work and ****. Lol the challenge is not going to take all day the most i can see it takes for a challenge is like 2 hours. So you are really trying to say that once a day you can't log in for 2 hours to do a challenge. Like I have work but I know for a fact I can still go and get the suit. Nobody job or school is 24 hours so yea you are just complaining about nothing just remember to log in to the game once a day to do it.

So honestly I don't like it ether but I will be able to log in once a day and not complain over it like I have school or work cause there is no way that that is 24 hours a day.

30-Aug-2013 23:21:33

[#G9E0J4WXN]

[#G9E0J4WXN]

Posts: 9,577 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If I understand the wiki correctly I'm extremely relieved you gave us the option to unlock the gold outfit through a process other than the top 1000 players. That process being completing each daily super challenge, right? :P

I look forward to seeing how this works out :) , I've only ever completed 3-4 daily challenges since release believe it or not; I feel this will really challenge me and push me to start doing it more often ^^.

30-Aug-2013 23:48:25

RiDaku
Oct Member 2012

RiDaku

Posts: 6,003 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For those who need it, there's more details on the wiki including info on the other rewards.

Some of us like to collect cosmetics and cannot compete on hiscores whilst working 40+ hour weeks.

Will the Superior Outfit be available to those who are dedicated enough to do all the challenges or is it just some 'no life' reward? :|

It's only available for those who get into the top 1000 on the hiscores.

The green version is available for completing <strike>all 30</strike> 5 of the challenges*

***;div id="NewsArticles" style="margin-left: 6px; width: 561px; background-color: #121212;"><div class="Article ArticleImage" style="width: 561px;"><div style="width: 540px"><table style="width: 540px"><tr><td width="200px"><font color="#b8b8b8"><i><font size="2">Useful links:<ul><li><a href="http://services.runescape.***/m=forum/forums***?278,279,984,63416735">RuneScape Wiki forum thread</a></li><li><a href="http://services.runescape.***/m=rswiki/en/How_To_Edit_The_Wiki">How to edit the RuneScape Wiki</a></li><li><a href="http://services.runescape.***/m=rswiki/en/Game_Guide">Game Guide</a></li><li><a href="http://services.runescape.***/m=rswiki/en/Index">Wiki Index</a></li></ul></td><td width="200px" style="text-align:right; vertical-align: bottom;"><font size="3" face="cursive" color="#CC00FF"><font color="#FF00FF">~</font><u>The</u> <font color="#FFFF00">Mod</font> Michelle<font color="#FF00FF">~</font></font></font></i></font></div></td></tr></table><div></div></div></div></div>

To be fair, Michelle, the links you sent say (while on the Superior Superhero Costume page) that you can unlock it after completing all 30 challenges, OR by being in the top 1k players.
The Sicarius |
They think they are "the many", and I "the few". They think this gives them the right to walk over me.

Want to Role-Play? Click Here!

30-Aug-2013 23:48:54

Quick find code: 294-295-275-65140882 Back to Top