Forums

Recruit a Friend

Quick find code: 294-295-110-64141293

Zanicus

Zanicus

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just another way to get more people and more money. If you want to get more people to play, why not simply add more F2P stuff to the game. We are quiting because we did everything there is to do in the game, all quests, got the best weapons and armors, and the last thing we are left to do in RS is to grind all day for XP. And one suggestion, stop adding noob quests for F2P, add some for stronger players instead.

13-Dec-2012 15:00:54

SmokingCrops

SmokingCrops

Posts: 3,221 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chiphazard:
The bonus experience itself is an unfair advantage, forget any other way that it will most dfinatley be abused. All it does is give someone exra experience for nothing. I understand its a promotion but it doesnt change the fact that it devalues the experience you earn in game fairly
-------------------------------

I totally agree, but I just said that this was a good thing for JAGEX, not for the community.

-----
and i'm totally going to do this for my second account, which has the name that i use nowadays on all games/platforms. I'll just change my name there so I can change the name on this account :D

13-Dec-2012 15:03:26 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2012 15:04:24 by SmokingCrops

xchiphazardx
Feb Member 2023

xchiphazardx

Posts: 2,085 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was just pointing that out, I understand its good for them but alot of things that are so called good for jagex are actually losing touch with the community (sof, sgs)

13-Dec-2012 15:04:15 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2012 15:07:09 by xchiphazardx

Italopraming

Italopraming

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have to agree with many posters here.

It's a free ticket to the botting world. Another strange update that will have me trying to explain to people that you are antibot but make all these update without thinking that they will encourage botting.

I will invite friends when you sort out the botting problem. Until then I would be embarassed to show them Runescape.

13-Dec-2012 15:05:46

Paladrons

Paladrons

Posts: 1,348 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't tell what the true intention of the update is. On one hand we're seeing a somewhat unfavourable inverse pyramid in level structure, whereby everyone is high levelled, and there are few low levels. Through this system you can reintroduce a lower levelled player base and somewhat restore balance. In addition it may somewhat counteract the declining numbers of runescape players. If this is the intention I am all for it, and I think earning xp for skiling with a legitimate friend is great.

However I think the xp bonus needs to be capped, say at 3 months maximum in my opinion. The xp bonus also leads me to 'my other hand' whereby it's blatantly obvious this system can be abused. Some people on runescape are xp crazy and they will abuse this by making excess accounts and botting over night. I can see it raising revenue for jagex through its introduction by being *bused and what you have to realise is that if it does this will be short term as it will have an inverse effect on runescape than my initial paragraph suggests and will only increase the botting ratio of players, diminishing game credibility among other things.

This then leads me to my question. Would you. Jagex. Consider using another form of merit for referring a friend besides xp? I personally believe this will not work unless you offer something that a player is interested in but a bot would not be. What are your thoughts?

13-Dec-2012 15:07:09

xchiphazardx
Feb Member 2023

xchiphazardx

Posts: 2,085 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@paladrons,

What ever happend to referring a friend because the game was fun and worth playing?
Why does everything have to be rewarded, the real problem is that the game isnt worth showing anyone now, its cut in half by controversial updates, bots are rampant, micro transactions are never ending and kill game immersion they need to step back and analyze and correct the real problems and customers will come back.

The past year has been nothing but dissapointments and for the first time ever I cancelled membership, I have never been a forum warrior but now Im forced to so that I can try to salvage my account and hopefully one day play an amazing game like when I started.

People will always come and go from runescape ut if you want to keep them as members you have to listen and take care of them.

13-Dec-2012 15:13:09

Quick find code: 294-295-110-64141293 Back to Top