Forums

Recruit a Friend

Quick find code: 294-295-110-64141293

Inklets
Dec Member 2023

Inklets

Posts: 238 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Schardijn
I actually made the same mistake! Reread the update. It says you get 10% of the xp you're friend gets. You do not get a 10% xp bonus and your friend does not get 10% of the xp you get =) So giving away too much xp wise it isn't too bad however, it does promote a increase in bots.

13-Dec-2012 15:16:11

Galahad Sir
Feb Member 2006

Galahad Sir

Posts: 4,594 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think Paladrons in his last paragraph has hit upon what we all want: A way to increase the number of *people* who play runescape, without giving any advantage to botters, or to people who already play runescape but are prepared to spend money to abuse the system and gain an unfair advantage.

If there can't be a system that rewards only legitimate recruiting and doesn't help botters or those seeking an advantage without actually recruiting anyone, then I think all the players would rather there was no recruit a friend program.

We all want Runescape to be successful and attract more players, but not at the expense of fairness and value for actually playing. Indeed, if Runescape was a game where fairness was the priority, that would be a basis on which we could recommend it to our friends!

In fact, I'd recommend the game for free, no reward required! Having an irl friend to play the game with is all the incentive I'd need, but I won't refer them to a game which I'm ashamed of for the way it's chased money and fake statistics and put fairness and supporting the community aside.

As this recruit a friend system stands, it can only be "successful" if success is yet again judged by the number of accounts created and/or given membership, which has nothing to do with the number of *people* who play.

But after the debacle of the 200m accounts celebrations, it seems Jagex might just consider this measure of success valid :(

13-Dec-2012 15:16:58 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2012 15:21:00 by Galahad Sir

Nikola133
Dec Member 2019

Nikola133

Posts: 59 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
haha lol funny to see what you are doing of your came bring already back rs2 all this updates you make just shows that you are low on money but don't wanna admit it but do what you want i will start playing diablo 3 i think wanna try some new computer game but i will be back and pay member if you bring back the old rs but until then i won't pay and there is so many better games now with this update out so i will play something i enjoy you will regret eoc

13-Dec-2012 15:18:04

Raphella
Jan Member 2005

Raphella

Posts: 1,068 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Previously, there were 2 reasons why I have completely stopped recommending this game to friends:
- Squeal of Fortune
- Solomon's Store
Now there is a 3rd reason:
- Recruit a friend bonus.
Never uses treasure hunter keys. Never buys runecoins or bonds. Never pays extra for 'Premier' status or passes. Never will.

13-Dec-2012 15:21:38 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2012 15:23:04 by Raphella

Fresh5292

Fresh5292

Posts: 88 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
they never done this in 2007 before they messed everything up with the bad updates etc..cause they were already making 5mil a month with 5+ active member accounts. So *ow they want to give us bonuses cause they not as balling as they use too? pffft.

13-Dec-2012 15:27:49

Quick find code: 294-295-110-64141293 Back to Top