Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well this is odd... if you do a forum search for "3D" it says no results found. Yet, there is a thread called 3D A-Log Not Working at the top of this forum section.

I thought maybe I was confusing the search engine by starting the search with a number (confusing it into thinking it was a qfc perhaps?) but if I search for "200m" it functions as intended.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

30-Mar-2016 03:22:22

Tclcis

Tclcis

Posts: 4,540 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You must have dun goof'd.

Also I would like to get a considerable amount of people with the zodiac heads together.
Then have them all follow one another in a giant ring while being the middle section.

I think it would be glorious.

30-Mar-2016 12:37:45

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stoat King said :
Just noticed something curious. Fmod locking posts no longer bump threads. Is this now the case? I'm sure it didn't used to work like that. Then again, I'm not very observant
It depends on what order they do things. If they lock the thread first, posting on it will not bump the thread. If they post the lock message first and then lock it, that will bump it up. Most tend to lock first, post second, but, every once in a while you'll find someone doing it backwards (usually a JMod doing it, not an FMod).
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

30-Mar-2016 15:52:37

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
Well this is odd... if you do a forum search for "3D" it says no results found. Yet, there is a thread called 3D A-Log Not Working at the top of this forum section.

I thought maybe I was confusing the search engine by starting the search with a number (confusing it into thinking it was a qfc perhaps?) but if I search for "200m" it functions as intended.

Maybe they put a minimum limit on the amount of characters needed to perform a search?
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

30-Mar-2016 18:16:45

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That might be because the * symbol is usually the symbol used to expand your search to anything that pertains the letters in between the * symbols as opposed to strictly the sequence of letters that you typed in with the start character being the first letter you typed.

For instance

Let's say you search ris, you might get results like risk management.

But if you search *ris*, you might get krista as a result.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

31-Mar-2016 22:21:51

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top