Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Stoat King

Stoat King

Posts: 5,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm curious if this is an actual policy change for threads in general, or just a one-off, unfair and completely arbitrary move of a couple of threads just to shut up the odd ******* making a fuss on fmr. My guess is the latter. They couldn't have made it clearer that they neither know nor care what goes on in here.

With regard to the locked threads, it's much easier to understand if you consider the very long tradition of such threads in general. Such threads are commonplace and aimed specifically at general, for the simple reason that it has the most traffic. Which makes this sudden change of heart so bizarre. If this is a new policy, there is literally no place for these threads any more. They rely solely on volume of traffic for their raison d'être. Twillows locked thread 'first thing you do on forums' (now here in w&f) is a perfect example. It simply doesn't make sense in any forum other than high-volume general.

23-Mar-2016 21:36:19

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's a fair comment but at the same time I couldn't see them putting them in a forum that has a more defined purpose if it was more popular essentially they're abusing the general forum for their own gain because it has a history of ambiguity, or because they were under the impression it was for more "chatty" threads, which I don't blame them for as we all want our threads to attract attention. To me though it is clear the general forum is for general threads about runescape which is the game nor do I like the idea of one rule for some and one rule for the rest.

Such as the countless threads I've seen moved from general to off topic because the main part of thread relates to something outside of the game and the bit relating to the game is merely an aside.

23-Mar-2016 22:08:33

Stoat King

Stoat King

Posts: 5,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just to be clear, I think your position on this is more coherent. However, it is a long established tradition that such threads are allowed in general - after all both jmods and fmods have been doing so for years.
No doubt they will be moved here as they are bumped. Many remain in general.

23-Mar-2016 22:45:00 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2016 22:45:45 by Stoat King

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I could see that happening for a while as I can recall clamp downs being discussed over the years. I'll have to refer back to my previous thoughts on fmods and jmods interacting on threads that should really be moved. I do accept sometimes they probably can't be bothered or don't care or really think the thread needs to be seen by as many people as possible but then I see things to counter these thoughts as well.

Again though not being very familiar with the section and not seeing the past threads and who posted on them first mod wise assuming any did I'll have to defer to your experience in regards to traditions of the section. Perhaps I'll take more interest if only to see if some of my thoughts are accurate or not.

I think you summed it up well with the cm mods not really caring enough to make sure things are consistent and only seeming to take an interest when it gets brought up.

23-Mar-2016 23:27:01

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just think people are getting excessively high levels of salt. "Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

24-Mar-2016 06:28:06

Tclcis

Tclcis

Posts: 4,540 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.

You can stop trying to act like you know what you're talking about.

I have to agree with Telcis here,

Errrrr...

Looks like Tclcis does know what he's talking about. Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss it.

24-Mar-2016 07:15:48

Sookie Lala

Sookie Lala

Posts: 49,349 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stoat King said :
I'm curious if this is an actual policy change for threads in general, or just a one-off, unfair and completely arbitrary move of a couple of threads just to shut up the odd ******* making a fuss on fmr. My guess is the latter. They couldn't have made it clearer that they neither know nor care what goes on in here.

With regard to the locked threads, it's much easier to understand if you consider the very long tradition of such threads in general. Such threads are commonplace and aimed specifically at general, for the simple reason that it has the most traffic. Which makes this sudden change of heart so bizarre. If this is a new policy, there is literally no place for these threads any more. They rely solely on volume of traffic for their raison d'être. Twillows locked thread 'first thing you do on forums' (now here in w&f) is a perfect example. It simply doesn't make sense in any forum other than high-volume general.

Oh the irony should be delicious to me but instead I find it's heart breaking.
:)
:) :) :) :)

24-Mar-2016 08:11:10

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Telcis confirmed salty.

You really gotta calm down man- you're whining over stupid ****. I dropped it. Apparently you can't let go of things. The sheer fact you're even starting things with me tells me you see me as a concern to your psyche.

If you wanna get wound up over stupid ****, then go ahead- just don't go complaining to anyone when nobody wants to listen to it anymore.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

24-Mar-2016 08:46:04

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top