Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@NexusOrigin & Treemaid, Hi.

I posted on a thread awhile ago in rants about how many clicks it took to get to the account help form you could fill out & send to Jagex. Even though the options I selected might not have anything to do with what the account problem is about by choosing them it will get you to the form to fill out to contact Jagex for account help. Here is the condensed version..*

Go To Support Center Forum

> Click on The Support Centre thread

> Click on Account Help link

takes you to a page that wants you to:

Select an option

> I selected I cant log in

After selecting the first option a second select option opens

Select an option

I selected

> I think someone else has access to my account

Click continue

Takes you to a page that will say 'To get started, please select from the three options below"

I selected

> I'm unsure on what settings have been changed on my account

Takes you to another page - on this page way at the bottom of the page is:

Still stuck?

> Click here to contact us

Brings up the form to fill out & send to contact Account Help.

Is that the account help ticket form you are looking for?
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

16-Sep-2014 22:37:55 - Last edited on 16-Sep-2014 22:44:39 by Windsofnight

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Windsofnight said :
Is that the account help ticket form you are looking for?
I believe it is (or, I hope it is). Thanks.

I didn't realize it would be such a Labyrinth to get there. Infinity made it seem like it would be right there on the page somewhere (not intentionally I assume).
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

18-Sep-2014 00:45:52

Finance
Apr Member 2012

Finance

Posts: 56,428 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Treemaid said :
I wonder if they are no longer in use, or if it's just kept a bit of a secret.

Most of those emails are no longer in use. The point is to encourage players to read the wiki pages first before sending tickets, so that Jagex doesn't have to re-iterate information that can be already found in the wiki or on the forums.

The ticketing system is the primary means of support.
Community Helper

Need account help, technical support, or payment help? Visit the
Support Centre

18-Sep-2014 03:40:55 - Last edited on 18-Sep-2014 03:41:15 by Finance

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
'I believe it is (or, I hope it is). Thanks. I didn't realize it would be such a Labyrinth to get there. Infinity made it seem like it would be right there on the page somewhere (not intentionally I assume).'

---

Finding the form was like getting stuck in the internet version of a voice mail customer service loop (please press one to continue) that so many companies use to direct customers. However, in a voice mail customer service loop you usually end up being able to speak to a customer service rep.

The idea behind page looping customer support pages on the internet is so the customer can solve their own problem without having to fill out a form.

One of the problems with Jagexs loop is that the options that you are able to choose from are limited which makes people who are not looking for support in those areas become frustrated.

Most customers wouldn't think of choosing options that do not apply to the problem they are having because choosing options implies that the form is routed to a specific customer support desk & the customer would want their inquiry to go to the right customer support desk.

Since there is not an option to choose from, like for example, an option called 'other', the customer may believe that anything outside of the options available Jagex will not provide customer support for.

Which is why most people who provide answers to threads on forums that are written about trying to find the form to fill out will tell them to pick a option that kinda matches the issue in which they need support in so they can get to the form to fill out.
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

18-Sep-2014 14:19:54

Treemaid

Treemaid

Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ooh lookie. Just one day of f2p and I'm back to the old grey helmet. Didn't get that in 7 months of f2p the last time.
It's a bit uncomfortable!
AKA: Arbr**** Vie
Please also remove the filter from our siggies Jagex! :)

29-Oct-2014 08:40:29

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top