Forums

Let us block forum users

Quick find code: 278-279-383-66253160

Scombridus
May Member 2022

Scombridus

Posts: 2,745 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unless I'm already missing the functionality (please tell me I am), we really need the ability to block forum users and hide the new threads they make.

One user in particular lately has been flooding the forum with bait threads, and while I'm not wasting my time replying to them, I would love to stop seeing them.

15-May-2022 01:05:24 - Last edited on 15-May-2022 01:11:58 by Scombridus

Scombridus
May Member 2022

Scombridus

Draco Burnz said :
No support.

This would just make the forums an echo-chamber which would defeat the whole point in the discussion aspect.

Plus if someone is spamming, which is a rule breaking offense, you need to report them to Forum Help V3 .

I wouldn't call them outright spam (not frequent enough) so much as trolling. Every single thread they make is obvious bait the second you open it, and they have 3 or 4 threads to a page.
Let me stop wasting my time by filtering it out.

You're active enough that you should know as well as I do that many people in online forums aren't worth wasting your time on.

15-May-2022 02:57:31 - Last edited on 15-May-2022 03:14:47 by Scombridus

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Where in the rules does it state how many threads one person is allowed to have?

Sorry but that seems like a personal issue, hence why this shouldnt exist.

I mean look at the item selling/buying forums, loads of threads are made by the same person yet ppl are ok with that.

Plus if they arent worth your time, whats stopping you from just not reading what they post already?

Why must there be an "ignore list" for you to ignore them?

Do you read what everyone says ingame? If not then apply that here on the forums.

Also trolling is another rule breaking offense thus should be reported as well.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

15-May-2022 10:59:22 - Last edited on 15-May-2022 13:48:58 by Draco Burnz

Scombridus
May Member 2022

Scombridus

Draco Burnz said :
Where in the rules does it state how many threads one person is allowed to have?

Sorry but that seems like a personal issue, hence why this shouldnt exist.

I mean look at the item selling/buying forums, loads of threads are made by the same person yet ppl are ok with that.

Plus if they arent worth your time, whats stopping you from just not reading what they post already?

Why must there be an "ignore list" for you to ignore them?

Do you read what everyone says ingame? If not then apply that here on the forums.

Also trolling is another rule breaking offense thus should be reported as well.

I'm not petty enough to report someone for making nothing but bad posts, but I would prefer to filter them out.

15-May-2022 20:06:30

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Like this?

Provided that the message doesn't get hidden from anyone who is not ignoring the user and also provided that it does not prohibit the person you're ignoring from posting on threads you've created (thus hindering their opportunity to engage with others in the discussion), then I'd support implementation.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

15-May-2022 20:45:41

Scombridus
May Member 2022

Scombridus

Spearmint30 said :
Like this?

Provided that the message doesn't get hidden from anyone who is not ignoring the user and also provided that it does not prohibit the person you're ignoring from posting on threads you've created (thus hindering their opportunity to engage with others in the discussion), then I'd support implementation.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about; hiding threads created by them as well.

15-May-2022 21:24:02 - Last edited on 15-May-2022 21:24:13 by Scombridus

Quick find code: 278-279-383-66253160 Back to Top