Forums

Bye bye forums

Quick find code: 278-279-342-66293031

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,469 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The end to which Jagex has been steering us for a decade is finally upon us, and the forums are being closed down .

I'd like to say it's all been fun, but of course it hasn't been - there have been ups and downs, successes and stabs in the back. And now it's all over.

Bye bye everyone.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

12-Jan-2024 15:39:39 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2024 15:48:58 by Archaeox

Conformed
Jan Member 2024

Conformed

Posts: 2,905 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indeed. Take care, everyone.

Thank you for being one of the best communities in all of gaming throughout these years.

I hope to continue to speak with you all in-game and on Discord in the years to come.

<3
-- Con
for
med --

12-Jan-2024 16:14:42

Killashandra
Dec Member 2005

Killashandra

Posts: 1,357 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Typical of Jagex. Just because a lot of people don't post on forums doesn't mean they aren't used. I have a lot of threads that I check up things on, where are they going to go?

One more nail in the coffin of this once great game.

12-Jan-2024 16:19:41

Stinker276
Jul Member 2021

Stinker276

Posts: 1,594 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh no! What use is there for the photo function from the crab hat now?

Kinda funny how the jmods using the forums less and less resulted in people going to the official forums for less and less.

Does anybody remember that one guy who complained every update using the forums? Like he would always say "this is illegal" when an update slightly irked him. Big example was when Tuska crashed down to Gielinor and the point values for all of the reward items went up. Guy lives rent free in my head when I think about the forums.

12-Jan-2024 16:22:03

Treemaid

Treemaid

Posts: 11,330 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've got to say, this is gut-wrenching for me. So many memories from previous time of active forum use, both my myself and by many other players. So many hopes and wishes for the forums and their future! All in the end have come to nothing, and while I have to grudgingly admit I guess it was inevitable with the shift of player's focus to other platforms, it's still...so very sad! Good bye forums. We will remember you with fondness! :(

12-Jan-2024 16:40:39

Janos Morgan
Jul Member 2009

Janos Morgan

Posts: 4,085 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's a shame, but it has been a long time coming. Let's be honest, places like Reddit and Discord guaged more player interraction and everyone drifted away to those. The forums have basically been on life support for the last decade.

With that said, it is sad to see it go. I hope some threads get archived for what they are.

EDIT: At the time of writing this, the Forums have officially been made "Read Only". However, you are still able to edit existing posts/comments. Whether this will be patched by the time you read this, I cannot say.

Farewell, dear reader.
Janos Morgan of Asgarnia
1st Duke Forinthry
|
Knight of Falador
|
Lore Master and Quester

"A look of fury, a look of pain, a look of hatred you can trust. A smile can hide anything."

12-Jan-2024 17:07:45 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2024 17:48:29 by Janos Morgan

Quick find code: 278-279-342-66293031 Back to Top