Forums

Home Page - Quick Poll

Quick find code: 278-279-24-66288655

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I know a Quick Poll is just that - quick and maybe a little unofficial since you don't even have to be logged in to participate. I don't recall seeing one live on the home page in quite some time and I think it's pretty cool to see the feature come back.

*reminisces about website polls (pre-quick poll, requiring login) back in the day that sometimes influenced content or were even just fun, the archive of which still exists in the Player Power section*

Even just small bits of community engagement like a quick poll here on 'home turf' is cool to see.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

13-Oct-2023 05:36:34

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support.

If Jagex is serious about wanting to listen more to players, as Mod Keeper has suggested in his latest post, then surely polling - both in game AND on the website - should be used more in RS3.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

13-Oct-2023 07:22:11

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,670 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree, needs to be used more. One centralized place for it that anyone can access. OSRS might have odd requirements for polling, but it gets used and works on knowing what players are thinking. RS3 definitely needs to use polling again in some way.

Shame the in-game polls lost the ability to vote on the website.

The recent poll that went to emails about which area should get graphically updated next would be an amazing example of something that could be used in the polls on-site.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

13-Oct-2023 17:18:54

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree with all of you - I'm much more likely to participate in a poll that is conducted on the website and/or in-game versus polls hosted through a third-party. That's not to say that I haven't already participated in those types of polls or go out of my way to deliberately avoid them.

Though, in my opinion, if one of the questions on a third-party hosted poll is going to ask me what my RSN is to associate my responses to me.... why not just go ahead and use the home platform where surely those metrics can be pulled based on the need to sign in?

Granted, the "Quick Poll" I mention doesn't work like that - but the website polls back in the day needed a log-in and obviously the in-game polls do as well as you have to be... well... in-game.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

26-Oct-2023 06:36:45

Quick find code: 278-279-24-66288655 Back to Top