Forums

Bring Back Hot Topics

Quick find code: 278-279-227-65152666

Hank Rearden

Hank Rearden

Posts: 14,052 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support, but I think they should change the mechanics on them - specifically, they should bar JMod created threads, and specific threads like chat lounges.

Found that the old system was too dominated by official/semi-official threads, sort of defeating its own purpose.

Having the system update daily would also be great. Old one wasn't fluid enough to show truly "hot" topics.

21-Sep-2013 17:16:49 - Last edited on 21-Sep-2013 17:18:03 by Hank Rearden

Motley Crue
Aug Member 2022

Motley Crue

Posts: 17,629 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Having the system update daily would also be great. Old one wasn't fluid enough to show truly "hot" topics.

That's something I've been thinking about actually. Since it's almost unreal to think that Jmods would be able to update it daily and monitor the forums for threads that are "hot topics", if the feature would be reintroduced, what do you all think about making a "re-word" for them? Instead of Hot Topics, rename them "Thread Spotlights" or "Thread of the Month". What suggestions would you guys have for renaming the feature?
Mötley Crüe

22-Sep-2013 03:58:52

Mod Allstar

Mod Allstar

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Motley Crue said :
I would love to see them return. For those who don't know, they were the little patch at the bottom of the homepage that had a list of thread spotlights for the month where you could view them/post on them, and there was also an option to visit the forums.

Thanks, we'll certainly bear this in mind :) I miss them too a little...
Senior Web Developer |
@jagexAllstar
| #webMeat

26-Sep-2013 14:44:35

Quick find code: 278-279-227-65152666 Back to Top