Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had half of it right for ages, then eventually it just 'clicked' lol, had been focusing too hard on the wrong bit.. Or maybe that bit was still useful, just not as much as I wanted it to be
Selective Completionist

31-Oct-2015 22:27:59

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
AoDude said :
OMG, I can't believe how close I was...

I didn't even know the poem's solution's bit of the forums existed until IQ9, it somehow slipped my mind in the 5 years I've been foruming :)

It's difficult to describe what I mean without spoiling it, Indy knows though.

I always knew it was there, but didn't ever use it before trying to solve the poem. I tried quite a large number of combinations before these last clues. I was somewhat right with the first one I was checking, but the destinations were very wrong... Miss-interpreted the clues.
­­
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

31-Oct-2015 22:32:21

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I knew (okay I suspected) a number of you were really close to solving it. That made it so hard to give a clue!!!

I either give too much away and spoil it, or I unintentionally lead you down the wrong path. Such a fine line.

I'm curious if the poem makes more sense now you have a solution.

The poem is actually quite literal, but I must confess I'm glad I wrote it and didn't have to solve it.

Kind of addictive creating this stuff, I'd love to design a quest puzzle :)

Anyway well done everyone! I'm blown away at the levels of intuition here. Not just the poem, but form the start of the IQ9 thing. It's been amazing to watch.
­­

31-Oct-2015 22:35:55 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2015 22:38:04 by Indecent Act

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I'm curious if the poem makes more sense now you have a solution.

As much as I was focused on the other method to solving it, even knowing the solution it would be quite a stretch for me to get to the same conclusion. And that is even with me knowing what that term means. Unless there is actually 2 different methods to unlocking the 3rd set of Qs.

I will share what I wasted my time guessing and checking after the event ;)
­­­
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

31-Oct-2015 22:47:05 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2015 22:49:49 by AoDude

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top