Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
I'm with Morgan really, Chrome is fine for what I do. But every so often you fancy a change just for the sake of it, or at the very least I do.
I do as well, but not with Opera. If the change were on Firefox you'd see me throwing money at my screen xD

Oh well, I understand Indy's reasons for not moving to other browsers. Fine by me, but that's not to say I don't think it'd be awesome!

This thread needs more HTTP://www.mountainsidecoffee.com/images/pouring_coffee.png ­<3
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

20-Oct-2015 18:05:24 - Last edited on 20-Oct-2015 18:12:09 by Body btw

Karmoi
Feb Member 2012

Karmoi

Posts: 2,716 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Indy and All!! As always thanks so much for what you do!! I didn't see this mentioned but if so please forgive me.

Today for the first time I noticed that the forum displayed VOS icons were incorrect. Refreshing/ resetting to show VOS didn't have an effect. Weird. Anyway, just thought I'd drop a note in case this is something new or maybe you were not aware. Thanks again and have a fantastic day!! :)
Music in the Soul can be heard by the Universe
- -
Karma comin' at ya

20-Oct-2015 18:51:24

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It'll be nothing to do with Linkify, it pulls data from http://twitter.com/JagexClock (which hasn't tweeted in a couple of hours) which is why the icon is now gone.

Body btw said :
I do as well, but not with Opera. If the change were on Firefox you'd see me throwing money at my screen xD

Oh well, I understand Indy's reasons for not moving to other browsers. Fine by me, but that's not to say I don't think it'd be awesome!

We (well, I) was discussing just using a different browser, not Linkify in other browsers :p - Since I don't forum much any more I dare say I could live without Linkify, if I had to. Although on another forum I frequent I hate the fact there is no highlight text to quote only that text option, and it makes me realise just how good RS Linkify is, and what a great job Indy has done over the years.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

20-Oct-2015 19:36:46 - Last edited on 20-Oct-2015 19:37:00 by Hevilmystic

Karmoi
Feb Member 2012

Karmoi

Posts: 2,716 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
It'll be nothing to do with Linkify, it pulls data from http://twitter.com/JagexClock (which hasn't tweeted in a couple of hours) which is why the icon is now gone.

Hmmmm interesting. Didn't know how Indy had set this up. The funny thing about today though was that it displayed the wrong districts and not just the missing data icon. Perhaps Jagex mis-tweeted then.
Music in the Soul can be heard by the Universe
- -
Karma comin' at ya

20-Oct-2015 19:49:55

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Right, Joe. Linkify is amazing and I honestly can't do these forums without it. :)

On a more on-topic post, when you have free time Indy could I please get a tin foil hat like Cyanid's on this avatar? I know it takes you a few moments to put that together so I really appreciate it ­<3 thank you

HTTP://i.imgur.com/km99UyP.png
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

20-Oct-2015 20:14:50 - Last edited on 20-Oct-2015 20:17:08 by Body btw

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lol. can we get a whole army of people wearing tinfoil hats?

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

‘•»¸¸«¤×˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜×¤»¸¸«•’

°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

20-Oct-2015 20:16:11

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Right...

Can you have multiple rows of tab in Opera, or can you not because it is Chromium based?

I found this quite amusing thread about the subject in Chrome, and ever since I shifted to a single monitor setup it has been a feature I'd like. - (Bad language) https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comments/34mn37/it_it_seriously_still_not_possible_to_have/

Apparently it's not possible in Chrome as extensions are not able to modify the tab bar.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

21-Oct-2015 00:54:22 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2015 01:01:59 by Hevilmystic

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Right...

Can you have multiple rows of tab in Opera, or can you not because it is Chromium based?

I found this quite amusing thread about the subject in Chrome, and ever since I shifted to a single monitor setup it has been a feature I'd like. - (Bad language) https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comments/34mn37/it_it_seriously_still_not_possible_to_have/

Apparently it's not possible in Chrome as extensions are not able to modify the tab bar.

I'm not sure if there's an API for modifying the layout of the default google chrome window (tab section, address bar location, settings location, bookmark bar location, etc....) Keeping the layout may have to do with patents.

21-Oct-2015 01:32:04

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top