Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
All good here and I hope all is well for you too :)

Oh I did a little test and it looks like RS Linkify will auto update in Opera. I still haven't got around to uploading to Opera's official add-ons, but I will eventually do it. As for now it looks as though there will be no problem keeping up to date :) .
Yea not so bad thanks :)

+ That's good news! No rush on getting it to the Opera store :)

E: Lol, not sure how I missed this until now, but.. Two different ways of writing it? :P
http://puu.sh/kMxHa.png
Selective Completionist

16-Oct-2015 17:32:04 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2015 19:46:01 by Amaethwr

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
-waves to Indy- ­<3

Waves to Rowley :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Amaethwr :)

I guess I should make them consistent.

I'm not a 100% certain with the updating process on Opera. I updated manually on chrome and then went to update on Opera and I it was already running version: 3.1.8.64 (latest version). I need to test again without chrome running. But it looks encouraging.

I have a small update I'll push out sometime soon (just some black list tweaks) and I'll see if Opera auto updates again.

17-Oct-2015 01:10:03 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2015 01:11:15 by Indecent Act

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have adblock on both chrome and opera, never heard of ublock :q

Opened the same few different pages in each browser and opera was on about 70% RAM usage compared with chrome.. I also don't really go on particularly intensive webpages, I don't watch videos in a browser, so maybe chrome could handle some things better, I'm not sure

Also opera loads up faster for me, feels all-round nicer for what I do
Selective Completionist

17-Oct-2015 22:05:43

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Awesome thanks for the auto updating confirmation Amaethwr. Tbh I really didn't expect it to work. I thought at best a manual update might work [update extensions now] at best.

Glad you're still finding Opera nice to use. For me Opera uses less RAM, but opera is doing less so I can't make a fair comparison. Chrome is know to be among the highest memory user.

I think not being signed into any google services makes a difference. Not that I have any memory issues either way. Gigs of ram, kilobytes/megabytes of usage.

However Chrome seems to be addressing the memory usage thing. A gmail test where Chrome 45 uses almost 25% less memory than Chrome 43. That's not a bad performance change to come out of the blue.
https://youtu.be/jnCxYypAFbk

Tbh that vid wouldn't make me change from chrome or change to chrome. But shows they are still improving performance.

17-Oct-2015 23:11:38

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Amaethwr - ublock is basically adblock that's a bit less user friendly but is also a lot less intensive (pages load faster in general, less RAM usage, etc) - Chrome definitely felt nicer with ublock compared to adblock.

Can you not use Google Services on Opera? Since I have 4 Google accounts connected to my Chrome that would make quite a large impact on my general interneting.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

17-Oct-2015 23:18:12

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hevilmystic said :
Can you not use Google Services on Opera? Since I have 4 Google accounts connected to my Chrome that would make quite a large impact on my general interneting.

Yep you can, as with most browsers. It's just I only use Opera for testing Linkify and testing changes I make to my site. Never had the need to sign into google on Opera.

I expect there would be some limitations for some things. But with gmail, youtube and such, it shouldn't really matter what browser you use.

17-Oct-2015 23:26:17

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top