Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Body btw said :
Evening'

Hope everyone is well :)

Good evening to you Body Duo :)

All is well here :)

Thought I'd offer a different drink to my linkify family, a milkshake just for a change.

But not just any ordinary milkshake...
HTTPs://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/26/3c/26/263c2624f49335d66c7a9a43e0474959.jpg

A coffee milkshake!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah another update.

I just finished writing a VoS Clock API that I host on my site. It's been a long time since I have coded in php, forgot what an awesome language it is.

Anyway from here on (version: 3.1.8.62) RS Linkify won't hit twitter for the clock feed. It'll now get the data from my site. This means RS Linkify doesn't have to do any processing to determine the current clan voices. It also means less code so that's nice too. Actually the resources used are lessened by a significant amount by using my own api and doing the processing away from the browser.

The issues with the official clock not updating still remain, however all the error correction is now handled by my server rather than by linkify. It also means I may be able to make changes/tweaks to the clock without the need to update Linkify.

19-Sep-2015 05:39:25 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2015 05:42:37 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
With your email success rate and my appalling reply times, I think we're doing pretty well :)

That we are! I think from now on I am just going to have to send every email twice. To everyone.

Indecent Act said :
I'm just doing some final testing on an API I wrote for handling the Jagex Clock

There is a "Jagex Clock" now? I did wonder what those two elf symbols on the forums were.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

19-Sep-2015 13:45:06

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
There is a "Jagex Clock" now? I did wonder what those two elf symbols on the forums were.

Yup, you know the autotweets for Iron Man deaths and achievements on Twitter? Now there's auto tweets for useful periodic events such as VoS :P Indy is using a script to listen to these twitter feeds.

19-Sep-2015 16:06:57

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :

Lifer summed it up pretty well. My site reads the tweets and hosts the most recent VoS clan names. Linkify gets the VoS from my site. So many reasons why I do it this way rather than hit twitter from within Linkify, but the upsides are many (less code, safety, speed, lower resources).

Elf Mathews said :
Wow this is amazing.
Why have I never seen this sticky thread? =(

Thread has been here lurking in the shadows for some time, started in HL General over 2½ years ago (I think). Was stickied there and then relocated to here.

I think most people get here by following the strong coffee aroma. I must be slacking off with cuppas.

Anyway glad you found this place, and a warm welcome to you :)

Coffee for all, and it's on me!

HTTP://kateeatscake.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/KateEatsCake-FavoriteCoffeeSpotsSG-01.jpg

19-Sep-2015 19:21:14

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top