Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Dsctatom, I was only thinking the other day that I haven't seen you around for a while.

Things a bit sketchy with the content property so I'll change it.

By sketchy I mean that according to the CSS specs, It's meant for use with before/after with one exception, if the content is an image.

I have a feeling a URL would still work, but I'm using base64 data. Sure it's an image but I expect that might be why the dev version of chrome doesn't like it.

I usually don't do updates for dev/canary channels because they are not stable and have caused me many headaches in the past. But I have a feeling this will only come back to bite me later on.

Version 3.1.8.51 has some changes, I moved it from content to background. This should make the buttons look normal again.

Thanks for letting me know about this, I still have other changes to make as I use content elsewhere but for now this is a good start :)

07-Jul-2015 11:54:24

Dsctatom
Dec Member 2023

Dsctatom

Posts: 12,987 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A friend distracted me with another game for a few months and then I came back for the World Event.

I can't think of it at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I've experienced issues before (not with an extension; something I was doing) with image data not being fully treated like an image by Chrome. I know I wasn't using content, so it has issues in other regards, or at least more restrictions than I'd like.

That change did indeed solve it for me. Canary is usually far too unstable for me and although they frequently break things in dev (they've broken printing at least 8 times that I've reported; they always fix it...but then they break printing in a new way soon after), they also fix other nuisances faster as well. When they update, the old version is still in the Chrome directory, so if they break something severely, I just switch the active chrome.exe and use the older one until they fix it.

Indecent Act said :

- Add Cancel button to edit post

- Make existing Cancel options navigate to where you were last. Rather than to where you were not.

Is there still an existing cancel button or was it removed when the forum overhaul occurred? As for redirecting back to where you were: if you want the precise position, window.history.back() would do so, albeit I don't believe it'd update the forum to show the most recent posts. However, if you want to go back to the previous page and refresh for sure, you could use document.referrer

07-Jul-2015 15:01:18 - Last edited on 07-Jul-2015 15:50:04 by Dsctatom

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dsctatom said :
A friend distracted me with another game for a few months and then I came back for the World Event.
That's similar to me, I'm playing a different game when I have time. I haven't been on RS for a while (though I'm still active on forums). I logged in to check out the Tuska event, but it didn't appeal to me and I haven't logged in since.

Oh about the cancel buttons, tbh I haven't even thought about them since the re-skin. But now that you've mentioned it, I'll try get around to doing it soon :)

07-Jul-2015 17:57:40

Dsctatom
Dec Member 2023

Dsctatom

I put my time in on that event because I didn't realize it'd be a permanent thing afterwards (after Brassica, I probably should've realized), and I didn't want to jump through more tedious hoops later to get the armour set (which I'll probably never use) and the ability. I've checked in on the updates even while I wasn't playing and nothing of value seems to have been added in that time. I'm not super hyped for raids, but exploring the Goebies' world might still prove entertaining.

07-Jul-2015 18:24:51

Dsctatom
Dec Member 2023

Dsctatom

This is autoplaying for me:

Original message details are unavailable.
At around 41:20. Was specified that you'll still get loot and I think later they said kc, but can probably be assumed it's like rots where you get kc at the same time you get loot
http://www.twitch.tv/runescape/v/7034000

I thought all videos weren't supposed to do so?

When it autoplays it also ignores the play button (so it's playing, but supposedly it is not, requiring a double click) and it also ignores the mute setting.

08-Jul-2015 04:27:28 - Last edited on 08-Jul-2015 06:22:38 by Dsctatom

Dsctatom
Dec Member 2023

Dsctatom

While I'm on a roll of adding extra work into your life: have you considered doing away with the qfc method of custom avatars and just linking it to the account? When quoting various people/breaking up a person's quote, that extra bit eats up a lot of space. It would also enable all past profile pictures to automatically update whenever someone decides to change (not sure if that would be considered a welcome feature, but it'd certainly be a side-effect). The only time this would ever be annoying is if they changed their name, but that could be pretty easily remedied via a post here.

08-Jul-2015 06:21:21

Lust
Feb Member 2012

Lust

Posts: 17,455 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
^It's doing the same for me :(

Maybe it's a desperate plea for some coffee, but that's the only way it can communicate?
Speaking of which, I think Indy needs a ­coffee ­<3 -slides her one-

I just opened this thread and was browsing some other threads.
Randomly heard music and it was freaking me out!
help.

08-Jul-2015 07:39:12

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indy,

I died a little inside when I went to copy a QFC and I had to manually click and drag to select and copy it :'( Do you think we'll ever get back the way it was?
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

08-Jul-2015 08:31:24

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top