RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Lifer said :
If Jagex is going to however force put on a form of forum indicator for all forums, how would you choose without a regard to promoting the forums?

Hmm I'm unsure if you mean the postcount thingy or a +1. I have answer, but I'm not sure I'm understanding the question.

Well the answer could be anything, if Jagex is going to force some sort of status symbol and apply it to all forums, what would you want? It could be either postcount or +1 like you said :s

03-Apr-2015 07:03:15

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That would be neat title if could do that, perhaps not that exactly but a broken title would be apt.

That was a big help you finding that messed up date and time. I think that's the first time I've ever been able to reproduce a time issue.

When I first did local times it was hell tbh. Hasn't been so bad this time, so at least I'm getting better at it :)

I got one last update for the day (I hope) Version 3.1.7.83, has another time related fix and some minor improvements regarding how quotes are handled, well fake quotes actually.

Text selection quoting wont be possible if it's not a quote, like what Rowley pointed out on previous page. It can still be quoted as a whole though.

Hoping that's it for now, but if there's any bugs that surface I'll jump on them tight away :)

03-Apr-2015 07:08:42

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh thanks Lifer I appreciate that. Time conversions is like working blind in some ways so it's good hear if it's working :)

That's not an easy question!

Firstly, I believe that there is no technology or new features that will help these forums in any significant way. Unless something changes. And I'm not talking about the community.

The mindset that governs theses forums needs to change. On so many levels things can be improved. At the end of the day the owners of the forums are responsible for the fact there are people with tens of thousands of posts that have barely made a decent contribution.

Those same people now wish to reward them. As long as this way of thinking exists, nothing will really get better. Better technology and more features are great (and I'm in many ways all for them), but they are not the answer.

Since their reasoning is to make the forums more active, here's a crazy idea to bring these forums back to life and not cost a cent. Make every Jmod runescape related post that's outside these forums on these forums. Bam! you have a hive of activity. Give Jmods the means to post here 24/7 it's not hard to do.

But I digress and none of that is about to happen, so in answer to your question. Either do nothing and scrap the idea. Or do what Singularity suggested and just put post count under everyone's name. Because it really does't matter what they do or give us, because change is needed at the administration level.

However if I had my way, I think a sub section for any questions. Not broken up into quests/skills/combat/security/etc.

Just one free for all subsection. Both questions and answers can be upvoted. Merit awarded for good questions and for good answers. Basically a dumbed down version of stack overflow. Their system isn't without flaws but it's not a bad model, it's almost self moderating now. A possible reward could be to moderate the sub section in a limited capacity.

It's not really s solid idea, just a concept.

03-Apr-2015 07:29:11 - Last edited on 03-Apr-2015 07:40:43 by Indecent Act

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
That would be neat title if could do that, perhaps not that exactly but a broken title would be apt.

Well since it looked like this... I thought as much (it randomly changes on login). ;)
http://i.imgur.com/SUgUzp0.png

[Name]
the Gamebreaker

[Name]
the Gamebreaker

[Name] the Gam
ebreaker
(with "the Gam" coloured white, like the username)
[Name]
the Gamebreaker
(with a green strikethrough)
[Name]
the Gamebreaker
(with two spaces between "the" and "Gamebreaker&quot ;)
[Name]
thE gAmEbrEAkEr

[Name]
the Gaembreaker

[Name]
the Gamebreakr

the Gamebreaker
[Name]
[Name]
le testeur bêta

03-Apr-2015 07:57:08

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top