RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Sorry, but I figured I'd mention it! ;p

That's a nice complement :)

I'm glad you did mention it and nope it's not off topic, this thread is about forum discussion.

It's nice when you get replies like that. Don't even need to be lengthy posts. When a reply contains good information and shows passion for the topic, that is pretty awesome. But when there's more than that, be it well written or humours, insightful, etc, you have stuck forum gold.

06-Feb-2015 06:00:51

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I put this together to get a better sense of things for the forum reskin. I'd hope it would be helpful to have something more concrete before any changes in the coming weeks.

http://scratchpad.io/windy-things-1370 (Editable by anyone)
http://scratchpad.io/windy-things-1371 (Alternate post colors)
http://pastebin.com/fEQhYAVg (In case the Scratchpad gets changed)

Tell me what ya think. ;)

Edit (9AM):
http://jsfiddle.net/kea3sam7/ Backup #3 and better than Scratchpad.

06-Feb-2015 07:27:24 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2015 14:51:31 by Ryan M

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Wow Awesome stuff Ryan M, thanks very much for sharing :)

Looks you got the exact structure of the layout, I already had a play with a few avatars just to see how they look.

The width discrepancy with posts (jmods and ours) is something I picked up on too. Also not sure why they are percentage based when they are not responsive. I'd understand if they change with page re-sizing. I could be missing something though, I'd also like to know why they are slightly different.

I have bookmarked both the pages, I'll definitely play around in there some more.

I cant tell you enough how great this is!

All my work lately has been under the hood stuff, rewriting all my regular expressions, rewritten (actually still rewriting) my entire linkify/embedding routine, restructuring all of my code, and more. That means I haven't spent much time on the forum layout. So you can imagine that something like this is not only fantastic to play around with, it something I actually need too.

Big thank you ­<3

06-Feb-2015 09:39:36

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Indecent Act said :
Wow Awesome stuff Ryan M, thanks very much for sharing :)

Looks you got the exact structure of the layout, I already had a play with a few avatars just to see how they look.

The width discrepancy with posts (jmods and ours) is something I picked up on too. Also not sure why they are percentage based when they are not responsive. I'd understand if they change with page re-sizing. I could be missing something though, I'd also like to know why they are slightly different.

I have bookmarked both the pages, I'll definitely play around in there some more.

I cant tell you enough how great this is!

All my work lately has been under the hood stuff, rewriting all my regular expressions, rewritten (actually still rewriting) my entire linkify/embedding routine, restructuring all of my code, and more. That means I haven't spent much time on the forum layout. So you can imagine that something like this is not only fantastic to play around with, it something I actually need too.

Big thank you ­<3

You're welcome. Got a reply from Had a conversation with Mod Allstar on your backgrounds (there are more tweets):
https://twitter.com/JagexAllstar/status/563634036879671296

06-Feb-2015 09:45:48 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2015 10:07:15 by Ryan M

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Oh I just saw your recolour, that alpha channel makes all the difference imo. I think just about any colours can fit in if the opacity is right.

As for the avatar hover, I think this helps.

.post-avatar__img{
transition: all 350ms ease-in-out;
}

Edit:

Just read the tweets :)

Tbh the Jmod gold has never looked good, it's a pretty off colour and has been that way forever.

However if the colour clashes or looks bad, then it simply should not be used. A border or background is irrelevant, it doesn't change the colour. I think the border looks just as bad if not worse.

Look at the custom gold borders on this thread, they look much better imo.

06-Feb-2015 10:07:40 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2015 10:24:19 by Indecent Act

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Indecent Act said :
Look at the custom gold borders on this thread, they look much better imo.
Definitely. I still like to think that a box-shadow alone is not enough to make it apparent the message on the right is a Jagex moderator, but maybe I'm just used to the ten, or nearly, years of the golden/yellow Jagex staff backgrounds.

I got my goals this morning (or late night) accomplished by having Allstar see the suggestions and you with the barebones of the upcoming changes that could be found in the existing Main.css.

It's also 4:32am so I should probably skedaddle off.

Cheers,
Ryan M

06-Feb-2015 10:32:39

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

I'm not sure if that means you're up early or haven't slept, But I'll assume the latter so, Gnighhttt Ryan M and ty again :)

Edit:

@Rowley, your last two posts have either started or ended with the word sorry .

This is unacceptable, don't make me have to hard to code Linkify to insert I'm not before all occurrences of the word sorry in you posts.

Oh and Refresh Titles will get your titles going again :)

06-Feb-2015 11:26:07 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2015 11:35:43 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top