Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryan M said :
Edit 2: .35 is live and fixed the issue of session placement. :)

Still has some issues though, but they are fixed in 3.1.7.36. It's live now so I recommend updating to that one.

I can't wait for forum re-skin. New version of Linkify will be so much more maintainable. I started a complete rewrite the day before I heard the news of the forum update.

I'm almost at a point where a need a live version to work with, getting anxious because my code is so much better, I just want to get it out there.

30-Jan-2015 07:47:31

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Awesome stuff, thank you. You deserve a nice brew I think :)

HTTPs://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4147/4995868248_645c109b7f_b.jpg

I guess we should be glad someone takes an interest. The fact the forums aren't the main means of communication doesn't help.

If every (RS related) tweet and such from runescape staff were posted here, RSOF would be amazing. That would alone create demand for improvements.

But anyway, the re-skin is good. Even though it's not what  I'd focus on, it doesn't matter. Any form of TLC these forums get is good. I'm glad they are getting some attention.

30-Jan-2015 08:45:36 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2015 08:46:33 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Looks nommy. Thanks!

Indecent Act said :
I guess we should be glad someone takes an interest. The fact the forums aren't the main means of communication doesn't help.

If every (RS related) tweet and such from runescape staff were posted here, RSOF would be amazing. That would alone create demand for improvements.

But anyway, the re-skin is good. Even though it's not what  I'd focus on, it doesn't matter. Any form of TLC these forums get is good. I'm glad they are getting some attention.

Fair, and true points. It baffles me though.

At times it sounds like it wants to kill you
Unslain Bosses - Clan

30-Jan-2015 17:21:24

Redduxx

Redduxx

Posts: 1,119 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could you do a nomad avatar for me please? If there isn't a code for it already

Thanks in advance

Edit: It's in Blastys picture link you posted

~Strategy in Chaos~

30-Jan-2015 22:57:47 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2015 22:59:38 by Redduxx

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

^Hehe so true :)

­­­­

Ryan M

Not sure if you'll see this, but your regular expression for Session ID's got me thinking. And yes sometimes that dangerous for me when it comes to regex. I often end up with something working. Only to look back it 5 min later and think what on earth was I doing, or what even is that. That's if things go well, there is also the chance I get lost in a logic nightmare that feels inescapable.

Anyway this is inspired from your work, so I thought I'd share. I also have an alterer motive, in that if it's flawed, you'll pick up on it :)

This whole premise is basic, find a string in a sting. I thought surely this shouldn't need many code branches, permutations or computations.

Anyway here's what I came up with and it's quite similar to yours.

sId = document.URL.match(/c=.+?(?=\/)/);

A condition of a capture group's condition is where my regex dies fast, but this time I think I got a handle on it :)

The difference is this is a bit stricter. For example
forum/c=/forums.w
will return null, where as the other one accepts it and returns "c=/". Not really a big issue, however one thing I know is people land on the forums via external links. I just want to cover as much as possible. I still may work on it and improve on it some more, but for now I feel a big improvement on my existing methods.

Edit: It doesn't have to return null.

Example:
sId = document.URL.match(/c=.+?(?=\/)/) || "Damn it, Log in!"

Result can have trailing forward slash, by use of [] match rather than () capture.
sId = document.URL.match(/c=.+?
[
?=\/
]
/);

Hope you like :)

31-Jan-2015 03:35:19 - Last edited on 31-Jan-2015 05:24:11 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top